Find Jobs in Trinidad and Tobago - TrinidadJob.com
Job Ref.: Job
Job Title: PROCUREMENT OFFICER
Sector: ACCOUNTING,AUDIT,FINANCE,ECONOMICS,PURCHASING,INSURANCE ADMIN,
Location: NORTH CENTRAL -CUREPE,MT HOPE,SAN JUAN
Job Type: Temporary / Contract
Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons to fill the following position at the North-Central Regional Health Authority (NCRHA):
The incumbent will be required to perform professional work, provide support and aid the development of procurement and disposal strategies and the implementation of associated procurement and disposal actions in accordance with the policies, procedures, rules and regulations of the procurement and disposal function in the Department.
- Conducts research to inform the development of strategy for low value/low risk procurement and contributes to the development of procurement and disposal strategies in accordance with the procurement and disposal policies, procedures, rules, regulations and related legislation in the Department.
- Assists with pre-qualification of contractors and maintain and updating pre-qualified registers of contractors.
- Manages contract delivery arising from the low value/low risk procurement and disposal actions that have been undertaken.
- Provides advice and guidance on less complex matters regarding the application of procurement and disposal policies, procedures, rules and regulations to support staff.
- Performs duties related to the procurement, disposal, tendering and evaluation including supporting and advising buyer/shoppers concerning applicable policies and procedures.
- Identifies training and information needs of shopper/buyers and of low value/low risk suppliers and supports the development of associated training and information materials.
- Participates in the Department’s procurement and disposal strategic planning and change management processes.
- Provides assistance in the procurement and disposal performance management processes through collecting and analysing performance related data and reporting findings and making recommendations for improvement to the Chief Procurement Officer.
- Participates in the preparation of budgetary estimates of the Procurement and Disposal Function and assists in the preparation of the reporting on the activities of buyer/shoppers.
- Assists in the preparation of less complex reports; cabinet/ministerial notes, internal notes, circulars, memoranda and other documents related to procurement and disposal matters.
- Prepares and submits for publishing tender notices – Terms of Reference, Technical Specifications and Scope of Works.
- Assists in the preparation and maintenance of relevant procurement and disposal procedural manuals, desk manuals, workflow charts, data manuals and other procurement and disposal planning tools.
- Performs related duties as directed by the organisational relationship.
Minimum Qualifications, Training and Experience:
- Some experience performing procurement and disposal related duties.
- Training as evidenced by a recognised University degree in procurement management, business management, finance, marketing supplemented by core courses in procurement.
- Any other qualifications, training and experience may be considered.
* Certificates acquired at foreign universities MUST be supported by certified transcripts as well as evidence that the completed programme is accredited in Trinidad and Tobago
Applications must be submitted along with Curriculum Vitae by
May 17, 2018 to:
Office of the General Manager, Human Resources
North-Central Regional Health Authority
Building #39, Third Floor
Eric Williams Medical Sciences Complex
Unsuitable/late applications will not be acknowledged.