Find Jobs in Trinidad and Tobago - TrinidadJob.com
Company: Employer Confidential 7
Job Title: Information Technology Team Leader
Location: SOUTH WEST -LA BREA,POINT FORTIN
Job Type: Permanent full-time
Job Description: Information Technology (I.T.) Team Leader
Qualification: BSc. in Information Technology, COMPTIA Network + or similar.
Experience: At least five (5) years’ experience in a supervisory position and 7 years in a technical systems admin position.
Skills: Leadership; Team oriented; Analytical ; Detail Oriented ; Results oriented ; Ability to work under pressure and multitask ; Excellent verbal and written communication ; Highly Confidential
Technical Skills: Windows server, VMware/Hyper-V, Storage (iSCSI, SAN/NAS), Exchange, Office 365, Network administration, Windows 7/10.
The IT Team Leader will manage the IT Team in Trinidad and report to the IT Coordinator in Canada. They are responsible for design, planning, and implementation of information systems and integrated computing solutions for the organization in Trinidad in conjunction with the IT team in Canada. They will perform systems administration of the information technology infrastructure through preventive and corrective maintenance. They will provide support to staff in Trinidad with regards to any issues relating to the information systems within the organization.
- Provide direction, mentorship, and training for the IT Technician
- Develop IT Policies and procedures to guide and monitor persons usage of the IT equipment
- Installing, configuring, upgrading, testing, maintaining, monitoring and troubleshooting Windows Server, Active Directory, VMWare/Hyper V and related technologies.
- Perform comprehensive backup of company data on a regular schedule.
- Network systems planning, configuration, and maintenance.
- Assist IT Technician with configuration and installation of any required hardware for employees.
- Assist IT Technician with installation and configuration of software required or sent by employees.
- Assist IT Technician with performing analysis, diagnosis and resolution of desktop related issues for employee hardware and software.
- Research, evaluate and recommend system technologies to support business requirements.
- Develop a Cell Phone Policy with regards to allowance, additional costs and replacement costs; and timeframes for replacements.
- Preparation and submission of Maintenance Schedule for all computers and associated equipment to ensure maintenance of all computers, Uninterrupted Power Supply and systems.
- Preparation and submission of maintenance schedule for security system at all locations, to include (but not limited to) door access, CCTVs, cameras etc.
- Provision of quotations (minimum 3) for approved purchase of computers and other related IT equipment and supplies as required
- Maintain a log of all IT requests for modification/enhancement/upgrades to system and timelines for competition
- Maintain knowledge base and password database for all information systems.
- Preparation and submission of a weekly report to the IT Coordinator and CFO of tasks accomplished and projections for the coming week
- Ensure the proper use of the inventory of computer equipment and notify HR and Security when equipment is missing.
- Monitor usage of Internet access and in accordance with the guidelines of the company's internal regulations. (Overuse of Facebook; shopping online; streaming video content; adult video content etc.)
- Any other duties as directed by IT Manager or a duly authorized personnel.
This vacancy is closed.