Find Jobs in Trinidad and Tobago - TrinidadJob.com
Job Ref.: Job
Job Title: PLANT OPERATOR II (EWMSC)
Location: NORTH CENTRAL -CUREPE,MT HOPE,SAN JUAN
Job Type: Temporary / Contract
Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons to fill the following position at the North-Central Regional Health Authority (NCRHA):
PLANT OPERATOR II (EWMSC)
The incumbent will be required to assist in operating the plant and associated auxiliaries under his control, safely and efficiently
- Monitors and records the operations of the electrical supply and distribution system as indicated on the mimic panel. These would include incoming high voltage 33KV line, breakers and switches, 6MVA transformers including tap changers, programmable logic controller, PLC, auxiliary panels.
- Monitors the operations of other equipment and systems not shown on the mimic panel as directed by the Operations Engineer for ex; The Sewer Plant and the Incinerator.
- Prepares request for maintenance to plant when necessary.
- Records all activities carried out on equipment to the Shift Engineer.
- Checks log sheets regularly to assess plant operating conditions and take corrective action within the limits of defined responsibility.
- Reports all abnormalities, the failures or malfunctioning of components or equipment to the Shift Engineer.
- Performs switching and load shedding as required under directed by the Shift Engineer.
- Assists the standby engineer in the carrying out of on call duties.
- Follows all safety procedures in the execution of duties.
- Performs related duties as directed by the ogranisational relationship
Minimum Qualifications, Training and Experience:
- An associate’s degree or a technician diploma from a recognized Institution.
- Five (5) C.X.C subjects with English, Mathematics, Physics or Chemistry included.
- A minimum of one (1) year experience in the area of plant operations OR
- A minimum of three (3) years experience in the area of plant operations with knowledge of one system.
Systems: I) High voltage, Low voltage and extra low voltage Electrical system.
- II) Plant bases in bldg. 24.
III) Water and Sewage treatment.
* Certificates acquired at foreign universities MUST be supported by certified transcripts as well as evidence that the completed programme is accredited in Trinidad and Tobago
Applications must be submitted along with Curriculum Vitae by
May 21, 2018 to:
Office of the General Manager, Human Resources
North-Central Regional Health Authority
Building #39, Third Floor
Eric Williams Medical Sciences Complex
Unsuitable/late applications will not be acknowledged.
This vacancy is closed.