Find Jobs in Trinidad and Tobago - TrinidadJob.com
Company: Ruby Tuesday Trinidad
Job Ref.: Job 015-17
Job Title: PANTRY ATTENDANT
Town / City: Port of Spain & Grand Bazaar
Job Type: Permanent full-time
Are you self-driven, highly motivated, flexible and have a positive attitude? Then we want you. We are looking for dynamic, customer focused people to provide services to our guests at our MOVIETOWNE (POS) and PRICE PLAZA Restaurant.
The incumbent prepares to order all food items following standard recipes and procedures within specified time limits.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Turn on hood systems.
- Organize food on line to ensure proper rotation (FIFO)
- Start heating all soups/hot sauces to be held on the steam table. Use leftover products first.
- Set up double boiler system for soup/hot sauce backups.
- Complete line prep and stocking according to line set – up sheets.
- Alert prep person of any priorities and Manager of quality concerns.
- Start-up equipment following energy conservation guidelines.
- Complete pantry quality line check with Manager.
- Correct any quality issues from line check.
- Review BOH Shift Communication.
- Other duties assigned by Management.
- Complete pantry items ordered during shift.
- Help prep, grill or dish during shift.
- Maintain food quality standards throughout shift.
- Clean and stock the line as necessary.
- Help complete prep list during down times.
- Empty line pans into clean insert and cover. Turn off/clean pizza cooler top. Store line product in designated cooler.
- Remove all items from inside pizza cooler and reach- in cooler. Clean all shelves and drawers.
- Clean all sides of coolers.
- Scrub all pantry walls including all behind all coolers and fryers.
- Follow proper storage and handling procedures.
- Break down soup/sauce pot, icing down the hot soups/sauces before storing in cooler.
- Clean stock and sink.
- Clean cheese melter, including grates.
- Clean steam table and re-set with clean pans.
- Scrub /clean bun flat top/quesadilla press.
- Clean warming drawers/support shelf.
- Filter and clean fryers.
- Clean pantry microwaves/support shelves.
- Replace utensils.
- Clean hoods and grease traps.
- Cover all frozen food in reach-in freezer.
- Re-wrap all open bread.
- Clean/sanitize pizza cooler cutting board (including underneath).
- Discard all daily throw away items after the Manager counts them.
- Sweep and clean floors.
- Perform Walk-Thru with Manager.
Perform other related task as directed by Management
- Stands during entire shift.
- Reaches, bend, stoops, lifts, shakes, stirs, pours, carries, and pushes.
- Lifts and carries tubs, trays, and cases weighing up to 30lbs. up to 20 times per shift.
- Lifts and empties trash cans weighing up to 100lbs., with assistance up to 20times per shift.
- Frequent exposure to smoke, steam and high temperatures.
- Speaking and hearing to converse with Q.A./servers.
- Work area is hot and humid.
- Read orders on tickets
- Judges quality and quantity on raw and cooked items.
- Job requires substantial repetitive motion of the wrists, hands, and finger
- Hazards may include, but are not limited to, cuts from knives, slipping, tripping and burns.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Certificate in Secondary School education
- Certificate in Food Preparation or Culinary Arts
- Police Certificate of Character