Find Jobs in Trinidad and Tobago - TrinidadJob.com
Company: Massy Wood Group Ltd.
Job Title: Proposals Engineer
Sector: ENGINEERING,CONSTRUCTION,PROJECT MANAGEMENT,ENERGY, QS
Location: NORTH -PORT OF SPAIN,WOODBROOK,ST. JAMES, MORVANT
Job Type: Permanent full-time
The Proposals Engineer will be responsible for setting up and completing proposal documents and bid packages for contracts (ranging in value from US$ 50,000 – US$175M plus) to the highest quality using inputs from multiple disciplines, as well as leading multi-disciplinary bid teams to ensure that the inputs are delivered in time and to the required quality standard.
- Applying sound technical and commercial knowledge in development of Massy Wood bidding strategy.
- Leading the Massy Wood tender process from proposal receipt to submission.
- Coordinating and administering bid templates, CRM and general folder management (bid set-up, user access, standard data input. pipeline etc.)
- Presentation to Massy Wood and Wood leadership for bid/no bid approval and approval to submit.
- Preparing and leading the bid kick off meeting and the bidding process as per the Massy Wood process
- Coordinating proposals and input received from various sources (including standard answers from Knowledge Hub)
- Sourcing information / liaising with departments within Massy Wood and sister companies (Wood and Massy) to collate specific bid information if required. This includes but is not limited to administration of intercompany agreements where required.
- Leading progress meetings throughout the duration of each tender, with senior level management, and recording resulting actions
- Final spell/grammar/header and footer check of bid documents
- On time bid delivery
- Dealing with internal/external clients for bid enquiries / clarifications
- Report as required to Wood and Massy corporate management
- Overall support in ensuring delivery of corporate strategy
- Overall support for strategic events, client engagements and general brand management.
BD Systems / Processes
- Execute Contract Handover process upon winning bid
- Complete disposition and closeout in CRM
- Management of bid correspondence and tender documents
- Coordinate and manage Massy Wood BA Library and Knowledge Hub to ensure relevant best model answers are created and maintained to the highest standard
- Liaise with internal business to stay up to date and create Massy Wood datasheets, presentations and case studies
- Proof read all material used in the knowledge hub and tenders
- Provide support and training for those using the knowledge hub
- Create, maintain and review bid processes, guidelines and forms liaising with Quality Department and global proposals team
- Liaise with Wood to seek support from external systems companies to identify system improvements and enhancements
- Provide continual support for system or process bid queries throughout Massy Wood
- Assist parent company bid teams with tender support as required
- Liaise with internal business for bid requirements
Communications / Marketing
- High level of individual initiative and the ability to communicate with a diverse team.
- Engaging with clients at a technical level regarding Massy Wood’s scope of services and value proposition.
- Support functions to ensure all marketing, sales and support material is up to date and relevant
- Create new marketing material where required
- Support local marketing activities and actions as required which includes strategic liaison with current and potential clients.
- Perform all other related job functions as required.
- Master’s Degree or equivalent from an accredited institution
- First degree in Engineering
- Advanced computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft office tools, Word/Excel/PowerPoint, and Adobe Acrobat an advantage.
Experience and Technical Qualifications
- Keen understanding of the technical aspects of Massy Wood’s scope of services.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain the highest level of integrity and confidentiality
- Ability to prioritise multiple tasks while applying a mandatory defined process with little direct supervision.
- Understanding of energy services sector and respective value creation
- Able to work flexibly in response to varied demands of proposals schedules (could require occasional extended and/or unsociable hours)
- Excellent knowledge of Word, Excel and Power Point is essential
- Excellent English grammar skills with fast and accurate typing
- Technically competent with industry experience
- The ability to work within a defined process but with a wide and flexible remit to deliver superior differentiated results
- Ability to manage large quantities of information from a variety of sources
- Proven ability to proof read technical documents
- Excellent written communication skills
- Ability to work to deadlines with a flexible attitude
- Ability to work as part of a team and individually without supervision when given prior instruction
- Ability to lead multi-disciplinary teams for the purpose of proposal coordination and assembly
- Ability to interface and communicate with large numbers of people at all levels of the business
- Must be able to prioritise and work to ever changing deadlines and to deal with frequent multiple tasks and activities in parallel while maintaining quality and schedule
- Excellent presentation and communication skills coupled with drive and ambition
An acceptable combination of academic qualifications and related work experience may be considered in lieu of minimum requirements.