Find Jobs in Trinidad and Tobago - TrinidadJob.com
Company: RAMCO Industries Ltd
Job Ref.: RIL-SSC
Job Title: Service Station Coordinator
Sector: CUSTOMER SERVICE,ADMINISTRATIVE,BUSINESS-ADMIN,CLERICAL
Location: NORTH EAST -ST AUGUSTINE,TUNAPUNA,AROUCA,PIARCO
Town / City: Trincity
Job Type: Permanent full-time
The Service Station Coordinator is responsible for, organizing, directing and monitoring the daily activities of the Service Station and Convenience Store, ensuring that predetermined sales targets are met. Emphasis is also placed on cost management, customer service and adequate staffing. The position holder must ensure compliance to all relevant Health, Safety and Environmental operating standards as it relates to the laws of Trinidad and Tobago, the Company’s policies and procedures, and customer requirements.
- Monitors sales for gas, oils, CNG, sundries and all other retail products in the Service Station and Convenience Store to ensure that targets are met, investigates variances (increases/decreases) through discussions with relevant Cashiers and submit findings to the Service Station Manager.
- Ensures that all required documentation for the balancing of the fuel and convenience store stock is completed at the end of the respective shift.
- Responsible for commencing the operation of the respective shift by opening the shift in the Petrosoft management software and ensuring all relevant cash registers are functional.
- Print all fuel storage tank levels from the Veeder Root monitoring software.
- Ensure that each register have the specified float at the start of the shift.
- Verify all vault drops of cash during the shift sales as outlines in procedure for vault drops.
- Authorize all VOID requests by Cashiers and make the necessary report in the shift note book.
- Receive fuel from National Petroleum (NP) according to procedure for receiving product from NP and comparing to the Veeder Root monitoring system.
- Liaise with IT and software consultants (TSL) for reliable operation of the Ruby, Sapphire and Pay at the Pump system.
- Report all fuel dispensing software and equipment problems to NP Maintenance Department and inform Service Station Manager, GM/CEO and Executive Chairman.
- Inform Service Station Manager, GM/CEO/Chairman and IT for any instances where the pay at the pump is non-functional.
- Ensures that the established schedule of prices for convenience store items are adhered to at all times in the Service Station and informs Service Station Manager of deviation. A written record must be entered in the Shift note book.
- Conducts sales for all LPG request.
- Ensure that there is a organize flow of traffic in the Forecourt and assist in directing customers to the filling pumps as required.
- Educate the customers on the different fuel types available and how to operate the dispensing pumps.
- Provide cashing relief for Cashiers in the Forecourt and Convenience Store during lunch and break times.
- Ensure the ice freezer is always stock and organize the bagging of ice from the icemaker as required.
- Close off the respective shift and print shift financials/transaction from the Ruby and Petrosoft software system. Balance the Cashier’s register with the monies collected to determine if the cashier is short or over.
- Verify the cash with vault slips in the presence of the Cashier, place in relevant chute drop canisters and deposit into chute.
- Open chute vaults, open canisters and record the number of drops per shift on the Bag slip and place in the respective temporary vault in the presence of the Security Officer.
- Performs monthly spot checks of Service Stations to ensure that the facilities are well maintained and that all policies and procedures are being adhered to, documents findings and takes the necessary steps to correct same.
- Prepares and submits all reports (as requested) in keeping with standing instructions.
- Co-ordinates and participate in monthly Service Station and Convenience Store stock taking exercises as directed by the Service Station Manager, Accountant/ Group Financial Controller.
- Assist the Service Station Manager to explain variances between the theoretical and physical stock within one week of stock take.
- Assist the Service Station Manager to ensures that all equipment in Service Stations are properly calibrated and liaises with the Ministry of Energy, Ministry of Consumer Affairs and N.P. (Super indent of Sales and the Supervisor of Technical Repairs) to co-ordinate calibration exercises as necessary.
- Recommends relevant training/ workshops to the Human Resource Officer in order to ensure that all staff are properly equipped with industry skills to deliver superior service to customers.
- Ensures that all the required forms for the recruiting and termination of employees are completed in keeping with the Company’s Policy.
- Administers the employees leave register forms and ensures that:
- All type of leave (Sick, Casual, Vacation, Bereavement) is inserted on a timely basis and submitted to HR and Accounts.
- The designated office validates the forms at the end of each year.
- Assist the Service Station Manager to ensure that all Service Station Staff are updated regularly with reference to the Company’s policy of effective Customer Service Management.
- Assist the Service Station Manager to ensure that all customer complaints/issues are addressed and resolved within twenty-four hours and all stakeholders are informed of resolution of same on a timely basis to avoid the loss of goodwill.
Minimum Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- A minimum of Five G.C.E./O’Level subjects including Maths and English.
- Diploma in Business Management from a recognized tertiary institution will be an asset.
- Extensive experience in the day to day operations of Service Stations and Convenience Store or any retail business of a similar nature.
- A minimum of two years supervisory experience.
- Good customer service, interpersonal and communications skills (orally and in writing).
- Good planning and coordinating skills.
- The ability to work independently.
This vacancy is closed.