Find Jobs in Trinidad and Tobago - TrinidadJob.com
Job Ref.: Job
Job Title: LEGAL OFFICER
Location: NORTH CENTRAL -CUREPE,MT HOPE,SAN JUAN
Job Type: Temporary / Contract
Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons to fill the following position at the North-Central Regional Health Authority (NCRHA):
The incumbent will be responsible for assisting in the preparation of briefs for litigation matters, researching laws and regulations. Additionally, the incumbent will facilitate the implementation requirements of the Freedom of Information Act
- Assists in drafting accurate, valid and binding contracts.
- Conducts research, provide legal opinions and review legal documents.
- Provides legal advice on Industrial Relations and Disciplinary matters.
- Liaises with counsel for matters in court.
- Assist in drafting of proceedings and/or briefs for litigation matters.
- Assists in the provision of legal opinions.
- Provides research support for reviewing of existing legislation (case law and statutes) and make recommendations for amendments.
- Represents the Authority in Courts of Law or Tribunals as required.
- Manages matters and reduces costs related to the Authority.
- Develops and maintain a Legal Information Database.
- Performs other related duties as directed by the organisational relationship.
Minimum Qualifications, Training and Experience:
- Qualified to practice as an Attorney-at-Law in the jurisdiction of Trinidad and Tobago, as evidenced by the professional certification required by Law.
- Minimum of two (2) years experience in the practice of Law.
Certificates acquired at foreign universities MUST be supported by certified transcripts as well as evidence that the completed programme is accredited in Trinidad and Tobago
Applications must be submitted along with Curriculum Vitae and copies of certificates by
June 04, 2018 to:
Office of the General Manager, Human Resources
North-Central Regional Health Authority
Building #39, Third Floor
Eric Williams Medical Sciences Complex
Unsuitable/late applications will not be acknowledged.
This vacancy is closed.