Find Jobs in Trinidad and Tobago - TrinidadJob.com
Company: Massy Wood Group Ltd.
Job Title: Construction Coordinator
Sector: ENGINEERING,CONSTRUCTION,PROJECT MANAGEMENT,ENERGY, QS
Location: SOUTH WEST -LA BREA,POINT FORTIN
Job Type: Permanent full-time
The Construction Coordinator is responsible for construction and minor modification performance with respect to delivery of work, improvement, cost and QHS&E performance as well as the development of safe, effective and efficient construction deliverables in adherence with project and statutory requirements.
- Responsible for the quality, accuracy, integrity and timely issue of construction deliverables.
- Responsible for the progress of all projects, reporting progress, concerns and recommended corrective actions promptly to the Construction Superintendent.
- Responsible for input into project plans and schedules.
- Control of Massy WG Field Supervisors and associated Sub Contractors.
- Developing and improving relationships between engineering, maintenance, operations and construction teams including Sub Contractor Departments.
- Interfacing with engineering and maintenance organisations to provide best fit solutions and early construction input to design process.
- Developing campaign implementation plans in conjunction with TAR, Campaign and Asset Teams.
- Ensuring that an effective system for Construction Risk Assessments is in place.
- Ensuring that the business drivers and performance incentives are fully understood by all personnel being supervised.
- Responsible for the motivation of staff to identify improvement opportunities that add value to both the company and the client.
- Identifying appropriate resources required to perform works and forward planning of resources taking into account cross asset requirements.
- Responsible for input to project plans and schedules and achievement of agreed schedules.
- Responsible for ensuring that all supervised staff are aware of continuous improvement issues and keep abreast of new technology
- Responsible for assuring the complete documentation of all implemented projects and ensuring that all Mechanical Completion Dossiers are progressively signed off and accepted by all parties.
- Ensure projects are carried out in accordance with applicable codes, specifications, industry standards and Client Site Technical Practices (STPs).
- Technical diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of eight (8) years’ experience in a similar position.
- Proficient in Computer Applications including word processing and spread sheet applications.
- Knowledge of Construction Workpacks and their content.
- Understanding of Job Card System utilising detailed man-hour estimates for Workpacks.
- Ability to work effectively and prioritise in a high performance, fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to make decisions in a timely manner and exhibit sound and accurate judgment.
- Ability to delegate work assignments and give authority to work independently, set expectations and monitor delegated activities.
- Actively promotes and personally observes safety and security procedures, and uses equipment and materials properly.
An acceptable combination of academic qualifications and work experience may be considered in lieu of minimum requirements. Please also note that the successful candidate may be required to attend duties at the Client’s facilities as needed.