Find Jobs in Trinidad and Tobago - TrinidadJob.com
Company: D2F Technical Limited
Job Title: Estimator
Sector: ACCOUNTING,AUDIT,FINANCE,ECONOMICS,PURCHASING,INSURANCE ADMIN,
Location: CENTRAL -COUVA,POINT LISAS
Job Type: Permanent full-time
A progressive engineering company in Pt. Lisas is seeking to recruit a vibrant individual who is able to work in a dynamic fast paced environment as the following:
To prepare estimates to allow company to make financial and technical offers in response to Request for Quotations (RFQ) from various client organizations.
Estimates will be required for E&I; Piping; Structural & Civil scope of works
- Travel to jobsites to gather information on materials needed, labor required and other factors.
- Read CAD Drawings and technical documents in order to prepare estimates.
- Accurately calculate and analyze many inputs in order to determine how much materials and labor a project needs and set a timeline for how long the project will take including its profitability.
- Work with teams such as engineers, clients and contractors to prepare estimates and bids for clients.
- Use computer software to calculate estimates.
- Need to meet deadlines in order to prepare bids.
- A bachelor’s degree in an industry-related field, such as construction management, electrical or engineering.
- 2-5yrs. experience in a similar position in the construction/electrical industry.
In addition to the above the applicant must possess the following:
- Valid PLEA Passport
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Good communication skills both verbal and written.
- Ability to work with a team.
- Ability to determine how to minimize costs without sacrificing quality.
- Ability to pay attention to small details.
- Detailed knowledge of industry processes, materials and costs.
- Ability to plan work in advance and work efficiently and accurately.
The successful applicant will be required to furnish us with a Certificate of Character (not more than 3 months old) and a Medical Certificate from a certified physician “Fit to Work.
Deadline for submittals: June 29, 2018