Find Jobs in Trinidad and Tobago - TrinidadJob.com
Company: Massy Wood Group Ltd.
Job Title: Senior Document Controller
Sector: CUSTOMER SERVICE,ADMINISTRATIVE,BUSINESS-ADMIN,CLERICAL
Town / City: Chaguanas / Point Fortin / Port-of-Spain
Job Type: Permanent full-time
Senior Document Controller
The Senior Document Controller is responsible for managing the company’s document management system, ensuring the accuracy, quality and integrity of all documents.
- Management of document distribution to ensure that all documents and drawings received and/or issued are properly controlled and maintained within the document management system.
- Implement all necessary procedures to ensure that document management is carried out at optimum effectiveness.
- Ensure that information required by our internal customers is updated by maintaining a technical library or liaising with the client.
- Improve, implement, supervise and coordinate document control activities for corporate NMWG.
- Improve, implement, supervise and coordinate the project document control function for recording, distributing and filing of all project engineering, vendor and construction documentation through to handover.
- Improve, implement, supervise and coordinate the document control function and support for maintenance contracts.
- Practical implementation of corporate document management system within the project environment and site offices if applicable.
- Ensure project procedures are aligned to Client requirements, such that LCI/DFO requirements are met and costs minimized
- Input to corporate process and procedures to develop an integrated/common Document Management process across the organization.
- Responsible for database administration: manage and maintain database security settings, setting up of new contracts, new projects, new user accounts, termination requests, templates, etc.
- Responsible for regular quality checks and audits of the document management system, identifying and correcting anomalies.
- Coordinate and provide the training, direction and support to employees, projects and third party users on use of document management system
- Standardize and formalize reporting to ensure document management deliverables are met and communicated across the organization and to the client where necessary.
- Ensure that there is alignment to client handover procedures whether during term of contract or at final handover
- Ensure controlled close out and archive of projects documentation – hard copy and electronically.
- Responsible for the day to day running of the document control function ensuring competency and training plans are endorsed and resources meet demands of all clients.
- Responsible for managing, coaching and motivating Document Control team members.
- Organize team meetings and coordinate activities to ensure that deliverables are met in a timely manner.
- Develop team goals and objectives and ensure alignment with the organizational, departmental and project objectives.
- Conduct performance assessments and ensure development for all team members.
- Record and implement lessons learned where applicable.
- Perform all other related job functions as required.
- Technical Diploma from a recognized institution
- A minimum of seven (7) years’ experience in a similar Document Management position
- Database management experience will be an asset
- QMS Training in the Document Management requirements of ISO 9001:2008
- Working experience in an ISO 9001:2008 organization
- Experience with specialized document management software, process mapping software, Sharepoint etc.
- Working experience in an Engineering, Construction and Project Management background
- Knowledge of Contractor/Vendor data control
- Knowledge of LCI/DFO (Lifecycle information/Documentation for Operations) final handover
- Excellent oral, written and listening communication skills
- Computer- savvy and versed in Microsoft Office
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
An acceptable combination of academic qualifications and work experience may be considered in lieu of minimum requirements. Please also note that the successful candidate may be required to attend duties at the Client’s facilities as needed.