Find Jobs in Trinidad and Tobago - TrinidadJob.com
Job Ref.: CEDI-IC
Job Title: Inventory Controller
Town / City: San Fernando
Job Type: Permanent full-time
Daily Stock Counts and Inventory Reconciliation
Stock Counts are to be conducted at the Stores, Head Office and for the Repairs Spare Parts.
- Daily visits to the stores to conduct a physical check and an Aria Reconciliation of the company’s stock of:
- mobile phones, sim cards, accessories and other items sold daily
- At the store an available inventory report is exported from Overture and formatted into a standardized spreadsheet used for conducting stock counts.
- For the phones and sim cards, the IMEI and ICCID’s of the physical stock are scanned into the spreadsheet and matched to that of the theoretical stock recorded on Aria.
- The quantities of the accessories and other items are matched to the quantities recorded on Aria.
- An investigation of all variances for stock overages and shortages are done at the store with the Store Supervisor.
- Before leaving the store, the variance sheet is printed and signed by the Inventory Controller and the Store Supervisor.
- The entire report is emailed to the Junior Accountant, Operations Manager, Operations Team Leader and the General Manager.
- The following day the signed variance sheet is submitted to the Junior Accountant for review.
- The report is then presented to the General Manager with explanations and recommendations of all the variances.
- After review by the General Manager, the Store Supervisor is given 2 days the double check and find the missing stock or confirm the shortage / overages identified at the stock count.
- All shortages should be cashed out of the system and converted to cash shortages.
- Overages once confirmed must be added back to the system by the Operations Manager.
- Shortages must be recovered, either by the employees depositing the cash or via promissory notes.
- These promissory noted must be done within 1 day and sent to the employees for signature.
- The signed and approved promissory must be submitted to payroll for deduction.
Minimum Acceptable Academic/Technical/Professional Qualifications
- Five G.C.E./ C.X.C. O’ Level subjects including Mathematics and Principles of Accounts.
Minimum number of years of Relevant Experience
At least two (2) years in an accounting environment performing data entry functions:
Specific Skills/ Experience and/or Knowledge
- Computer Literacy (Excel, Access)
- The ability to work as a team member
- The ability to work with minimum supervision