Find Jobs in Trinidad and Tobago - TrinidadJob.com
Company: Deloitte. Trinidad and Tobago
Job Ref.: TT151868HM
Job Title: Financial Advisory - Senior Associate
Sector: ACCOUNTING,AUDIT,FINANCE,ECONOMICS,PURCHASING,INSURANCE ADMIN,
Location: NORTH -PORT OF SPAIN,WOODBROOK,ST. JAMES, MORVANT
Job Type: Permanent full-time
About the Firm
Deloitte in Trinidad is dedicated to providing Assurance, Tax & Compliance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, and Enterprise Risk Services to clients in the private and public sectors. Our client service teams combine local knowledge from Deloitte in Trinidad with deep expertise from Deloitte’s international network in more than 150 countries. With over 80 dedicated professionals in Trinidad, our integrated approach delivers keen insights and industry knowledge to clients. Our objective is to help our clients excel by anticipating tomorrows agenda with focused, insightful and fresh thinking borne out of our multidisciplinary strengths. We draw upon our specialist skills both within Trinidad and across the Deloitte network to help clients succeed wherever they operate.
We foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work by feeling valued, empowered and respected. We believe our strength comes from our diversity and celebrate the contributions our people make through their unique insights and perspectives.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society – this defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients and the first choice for the best talent.
About the Role
We are seeking a highly motivated Senior Associate to join Deloitte’s Financial Advisory (FA) department. The successful candidate will be responsible for the preparation of financial statements in accordance with standards including but not limited to IFRS and Chartered Professional Accountants (“CPA”) Handbook Accounting Part III – Canadian Accounting Standards for Not-for-Profit Organizations (“ASNPO”). You will also be responsible for performing day-to-day finance duties for restructuring, accounting, and payroll clients. You will be reporting to management based in the Caribbean region, including Bermuda and BVI.
- Independent execution of unaudited financial statements for manager review using Excel and accounting software
- Calculation of payroll, benefits, and related taxes, and preparation of pay slips for client’s employees
- Cashiering function for restructuring clients including payment of invoices and reconciliation of bank accounts
- Execution of multiple concurrent engagements, while delivering exceptional client service according to firm standards
- Contribution to a strong client relationship through interactions with client personnel
- Ensure all mandatory learnings for the function are completed within deadlines and actively seek opportunities to expand technical and industry knowledge along with Leadership Capabilities
- Understand and ensure compliance with, relevant laws and regulations, ethical standards, independence requirements and the firms quality control procedures
- Meet targeted utilization levels and follow the policies and procedures of the Firm
- Demonstrate an understanding and the ability to perform at the level required by your Function’s Performance Criteria; this includes the Leadership, core and specialized capabilities under the Global Talent Standards and the Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- As a Team Member, take ownership of personal development by initiating regular Check-ins with your Team Leaders, requesting regular Performance Snapshots and driving the identification and development of your strengths with the support of your Coach and Team Leaders
- As a Team Leader, provide ongoing feedback and set expectations with Team Members through regular Check-ins, providing frequent input to Team Leaders, completing Performance Snapshots for Team Members, or completing regular Performance Snapshots for Team Members as applicable
Your role as a leader
At Deloitte, we believe in the importance of leadership at all levels. We expect our people to embrace and live our purpose by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. In addition to living our purpose, Senior Consultants across our organization:
- Identify and embrace our purpose and values and put these into practice in their professional life
- Develop self by actively seeking opportunities for growth, share knowledge and experience with others, and act as a strong brand ambassador
- Seek opportunities to challenge self; team with others across businesses and borders to deliver and take accountability for own and team results
- Build relationships and communicate effectively in order to positively influence peers and other stakeholders
- Understand objectives for clients and Deloitte, align own work to objectives and set personal priorities.
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- A professional accountancy designation (CPA, CA, ACCA, ACA)
- At least 3 years of accounting experience
- Strong technical knowledge of IFRS
- Good technical knowledge of investment accounting preferred
- Advanced working knowledge of Quickbooks preferred
- Advanced working knowledge of MS Office (particularly Excel)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize in order to meet deadlines and produce high quality output under pressure
- Ability to work well both independently and in a culturally diverse team across geographical jurisdictions.
Deloitte has a strong presence in the countries of the Caribbean and Bermuda marketplace, with more than 500 professionals dedicated to bringing their talents to bear on clients' unique issues. The Deloitte Caribbean and Bermuda Countries serve the English-speaking Caribbean from offices in the Bahamas, Barbados, Bermuda, British and United States Virgin Islands, Cayman Islands and Trinidad & Tobago.
Deloitte CBC is a member of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, one of the world’s leading professional services firms in audit, tax, financial advisory and consulting. Every day our multidisciplinary teams work together to offer innovative solutions to our clients’ complex issues. Further discover the Caribbean and Bermuda and how you can benefit from a career with Deloitte on our career’s website.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted