Find Jobs in Trinidad and Tobago - TrinidadJob.com
Company: Trinity Junior School
Job Title: Bursar (Accounts)
Sector: ACCOUNTING,AUDIT,FINANCE,ECONOMICS,PURCHASING,INSURANCE ADMIN,
Location: NORTH -PORT OF SPAIN,WOODBROOK,ST. JAMES, MORVANT
Job Type: Permanent full-time
Job Specifications of the Bursar
The Bursar is responsible for All FINANCIAL matters relating to Trinity Junior School, which
will include : –
- The collection of all receipts for school fees and reconciliation of same.
- Keep an account of all school fees up-to-date and notifies delinquent parents outstanding fees are collected.
- Depositing of any monies collected from fund raisers at the designated bank.
- The collection of any money in the name of Trinity Junior School including sale of small items
- Keeping of accounting system as established by the Governing Body of Trinity Junior School.
- Preparation of monthly quarterly and annual reports regarding finances of the school.
- Preparation of monthly pay sheets and the payment of salaries.
- Preparation of relevant monthly salary deductions e.g. N.I.S., P.A.Y.E, Health Surcharge, Annuity and Group Health, to relevant authorities and preparation of TD 4 forms.
- Assist with registration of new students and attendant records.
- Purchasing and disbursement of school stock e.g. exercise books, cleaning materials etc.
- Maintenance of petty cash account.
- Payment of Telephone, Electricity, WASA, Internet, Cable, Monitoring and Response of Alarm System and/or any debts incurred in the name of Trinity Junior School.
- Performs related work as required.
- Review of monthly bank reconciliation and ensure timely adjustments are made or collected.
- Non - teaching staff members employed on a temporary or permanent basis shall observe the same standards of behaviour as that demanded of teachers in the school.
- At least 2 years’ experience in a similar capacity
- CAT or Pursuing ACCA level 1
- Experience in a School Accounting Background will be an asset.
This vacancy is closed.