Find Jobs in Trinidad and Tobago - TrinidadJob.com
Company: KAPOK Hotel
Job Ref.: Job
Job Title: Sales and Marketing Manager
Location: NORTH -PORT OF SPAIN,WOODBROOK,ST. JAMES, MORVANT
Job Type: Permanent full-time
Responsible for the smooth running of the Hotel on a day to day basis, assuming complete operational responsibility for guest satisfaction; product quality; operational efficiency and people matters. The Sales & Marketing Manager will also be responsible for optimizing opportunities that drive revenue and ensuring that we exceed budgeted targets.
- Generate sales/revenue according to targets of the Sales & Marketing Department
- Generate new sales/business through cold calling and on the road sales
- Pursue and secure new Corporate Accounts and other business for the hotel and restaurant facilities.
- Ensure that all sales systems, policies and procedures are maintained and updated
- Maintain product and service quality standards by conducting ongoing evaluations and investigating complaints. Suggest and implements corrective actions.
- Assist management in the overall development of the company business plan especially to the development of sales and marketing strategies
- Liaise with other departments on matters affecting guest services and specifications
- Participate in the development of short-term and long-term financial and operational plans for the hotel which support the overall objectives of the Company.
- Monitor all front office financial operations, including group billing, verifying rates/discounts, daily sales reconciliation, petty cash and room inventory controls.
- Formulate budgets and prepare monthly revenue/expense forecasts.
- Assist with the monitoring of the performance of the hotel through verification and analysis of guest satisfaction systems and financial reports. Suggests and implements corrective actions
- Manage the Sales and Marketing team and establish and maintain a pro-active human resource function to ensure employee motivation, training and development, wage and benefits administration, and compliance with established labor regulations.
- Responsible for the interviewing, hiring, and training of the Sales and Marketing team; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Perform the function of Manager on Duty as rostered.
- Fill in where needed to ensure guest service standards and efficient operations
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- At minimum a bachelor’s degree in Marketing or a relevant field.
- At least five years’ experience in a managerial role, preferably within a hotel.
- Working knowledge of hotel operations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Must have sound judgment and discretionary skills.
- Must display very good organization and time management skills.
- Exceptional service orientation with keen ability to focus and deliver on guest needs.
- Highly organized, performance driven and can be hands-on when required
- The ability to produce and analyses reports
- Good numeracy and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of the Opera system is an asset.
- Flexibility and availability to work extended hours including weekends and holidays when the need arises.
This vacancy is closed.