Find Jobs in Trinidad and Tobago - TrinidadJob.com
Job Ref.: Job
Job Title: SPECIALIST PAEDIATRIC ECHOCARDIOGRAPHER
Sector: MEDICAL/NURSING/PHARMCEUTICAL/ HEALTH CARE
Location: NORTH CENTRAL -CUREPE,MT HOPE,SAN JUAN
Job Type: Temporary / Contract
Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons to fill the following position at the North-Central Regional Health Authority (NCRHA):
SPECIALIST PAEDIATRIC ECHOCARDIOGRAPHER
The incumbent will be required to perform an extensive range of echocardiographic studies in the clinical and research settings. Echo examinations include Trans-thoracic, Trans-esophageal, and additional procedures as dictated by research protocols and clinical trials. Other non-invasive tests include ECG, Holter Monitoring, Event Recording and additional procedures as dictated by research protocols and clinical trials. The SPE works closely with the other staff members, Medical and Technical Directors, and Investigators to ensure all exams and tests are completed according to established policies and procedures. Additional responsibilities may include, but not limited to, coordination of the day to day operations and education of the staff in theory and applications of sonographic technology. Trans-oesophageal studies preferred but not necessary.
- Selects appropriate equipment and protocol required for patient’s exam when considering patient’s age, development, and study requested according to established guidelines.
- Maneuvers patient into optimal position(s) according to established guidelines.
- Demonstrates appropriate knowledge of normal and abnormal anatomy by obtaining complete and accurate series of diagnostic, quality images and waveforms within an agreed upon time frame per protocol.
- Obtains reproducible measurements needed per protocol using established manual or computerized methods
- Provides interpreting physician with completed study and preliminary findings.
- Adheres to new and/or revised aseptic technique procedures and protocols.
- Communicates with physician the approach and direction needed for procedure according to established guidelines
- Inputs data and measurements into appropriate programs for generating patient report according to established departmental or research guidelines.
- Handles transducers and cables within established departmental guidelines.
- Cleans equipment and accessories (transducers, etc) according to established guidelines.
- Notifies Medical Director or other appropriate personnel of damaged or malfunctioning equipment within an agreed upon time frame.
- Demonstrates the ability to comply with all hospital and department Quality Assurance (QA) protocols.
- Adjusts equipment controls to maintain optimal diagnostic quality according to established guidelines.
- Connects and disconnects cables using suitable input and output accessories.
- Stocks exam rooms with par level supplies according to established guidelines.
- Cleans and prepares room between patients.
- Rectifies or notifies appropriate personnel of unsafe conditions.
- Notifies in a timely manner the appropriate person when supplies are low.
- Anticipates additional equipment and supply needs for special procedures.
- Prepares accurate and complete training evaluations within an agreed upon time frame, when appropriate.
- Displays a willingness to share knowledge with others.
- Receives patient’s permission for other personnel to observe the exam, introducing and explaining their significance.
- Develops and presents a minimum of one in-service per year for fellow sonographers/technologist.
- Learns new procedures with or from the outside trainers and physicians and assists with the training of the rest of the staff.
- Fulfils continuing education requirements from appropriate credentialing organization according to regulatory guidelines
- Logs accurate and complete patient’s name, location, procedure and other pertinent related information per departmental protocol.
- Accesses patients’ medical records and/or various hospital information systems.
- Reviews prior pertinent echocardiographic examinations.
- Correlates pertinent diagnostic information needed to direct examination according to department guidelines.
- Follows departmental procedures accurately providing information needed according to departmental guidelines.
- Prepares accurate and complete records related to echocardiographic examinations performed according to established departmental guidelines.
- Assesses patient understanding of purpose and importance of procedure, when appropriate.
- Informs patient on what to expect during the examination, when patient’s condition allows.
- Informs patient where to obtain results of the exam, when appropriate.
- Uses established patient safety protocols to protect the patient.
- Uses established employee safety protocols to protect themselves.
- Keeps patient covered at all times.
- Keeps door and/or privacy curtain to examination room closed when in use.
- Seeks medical assistance or help to ensure patient safety when needed. Always is properly chaperoned as per established patient age protocols or on patient’s insistence
- Expedites patient flow according to departmental guidelines.
- Conducts daily activities according to work load of the department.
- Triages exams to appropriate equipment and personnel.
Minimum Qualifications, Training and Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent and graduation from a Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Program (CAAHEP)- accredited diagnostic ultrasound program strongly preferred.
- Registered Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographer (RDCS) by The American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS). Registered Vascular Technologist (RVT) preferred but not required.
- BSE British Society of Echocardiography certification or any other accredited echocardiography programme.
- At least one (1) year of clinical scanning experience as a paediatric echocardiographer in a hospital based environment.
* Certificates acquired at foreign universities MUST be supported by certified transcripts as well as evidence that the completed programme is accredited in Trinidad and Tobago
Applications must be submitted along with Curriculum Vitae by
June 20, 2018 to:
Office of the General Manager, Human Resources
North-Central Regional Health Authority
Building #39, Third Floor
Eric Williams Medical Sciences Complex
Unsuitable/late applications will not be acknowledged.
This vacancy is closed.