Find Jobs in Trinidad and Tobago - TrinidadJob.com
Company: ChagTerms Ltd
Job Title: Roustabout
Location: WEST -DIEGO MARTIN,CHAGUARAMAS
Job Type: Permanent full-time
REPORTS TO: Port Operations Supervisor
Port Operations Manager
The Roustabout is a certified labourer who assists in all port related and/or other activities assigned to him by the Port Operations Manager and Port Operations Supervisor.
- Berthing and un-berthing of vessels.
- Bunkering (fuel and water) of Vessels. (Delivery of fuel from main tanks to vessels as instructed).
- Receiving fuel for ChagTerms main tank from supplier tank wagons.
- Supplying water to vessels.
- Rigging and de-rigging of cargo in operations.
- Loading and off-loading cargo to and from trucks, vessels and dock.
- Assist in the proper storage of all rigging gears and operations equipment.
- Assist in maintenance of Port equipment and infrastructure eg: bollards, fenders and dock markers.
- Any other jobs related to port activities as may be necessary.
- Knowing, understanding and complying with legal requirements for HSE.
- Understanding and following the Company’s HSE policy, procedures and work practices.
- Reporting to the supervisor any unsafe conditions, procedures, defective equipment and/ or any situation, which can endanger oneself or others.
- Being familiar with the emergency plan.
- Always using the required personal protection equipment for the relevant tasks as outlined by the Company.
- Conducting oneself in a manner to protect oneself and others.
- Participating in training and using the knowledge and skills for HSE.
- Hours of Work
The normal hours of work are from 7.30a.m. to 4.00 p.m. Mondays through Fridays with half hour(1/2) break for lunch normally between 12.00 noon and 12.30 p.m. Because of the nature of employment, the employee will be required to work outside of these normal working hours as and when the occasion arises.
- Allocation of Time
It is the employee's personal responsibility, within the framework of the tasks he/she has been set, to ensure that his/her time is distributed between tasks in the most advantageous way to the overall benefit of the Company.
- Customer Relations
The employee is to communicate effectively with customers at all levels, so as to ensure that the Company's image is always protected and maintained at the highest possible level.