Find Jobs in Trinidad and Tobago - TrinidadJob.com
Company: National Canners Limited
Job Ref.: Job
Job Title: Sales Manager
Salary / Package: negotiable
Sector: BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT,SALES,RETAILING, DISTRIBUTION
Location: EAST -ARIMA/SANGRE GRANDE
Job Type: Permanent full-time
NO. OF JOBS SUPERVISED: Five.
TITLE OF POSITIONS SUPERVISED: Sales Representatives.
OBJECTIVE OF POSITION: To effectively manage the Division to ensure that the required sales levels and sales margins are achieved on a monthly basis, through the application of the necessary selling and personnel skills, and time and effort commitment.
KEY RESULT AREAS:
- To ensure that the range of products in the division is competitively positioned in the market, in terms of pricing, and promotions, and that the widest possible distribution is achieved.
- To effectively manage the Sales Representatives in the division to ensure that they perform to the best of their abilities.
- To ensure effective planning and time management, and to review daily performance.
- To provide the necessary training, where this is required.
- To service key customer accounts directly so that the company can maximize its sales potential.
- To visit other customers in the trade on a regular basis to assist the Sales Representative to develop good customer relationships, resolve problem areas, and to increase sales.
- To review the actual product sales performance of the locally produced items against the projected sales on a monthly basis, and to propose action accordingly.
- To review the company's' receivables regularly, to ensure that collections are made on a timely basis, and kept within the guidelines set down.
- To visit the Tobago customers on a monthly basis to secure sales relative to the monthly quota established.
- To ensure that collections in Tobago are timely and in keeping with the credit policy.
- To be abreast of trends in the market, and to be informed of competitive activities on an ongoing basis,
- To liaise with the Merchandising Department to ensure timely problem solving, aggressive merchandising, and timely market information.
- To liase with the Credit Department, to ensure that overdue receivables and related credit problems are dealt with on a timely basis.
- To ensure that damages and product returns are kept to a minimum, and that the company's policy is effectively enforced.
- To review promotional activities on a monthly basis, to make appropriate recommendations, and to directly supervise the implementation of the promotional activities.
- To review the results of these promotions, to determine if the initial objectives were met.
- To ensure that all customer complaints are handled competently and promptly.
EDUCATION: A university degree in Management Studies or a related field Or 5 subjects at GCE/CXC level with the appropriate related experience. EXPERlENCE: With a degree, at least two years related experience. Without a degree, 5 years in a Similar Managerial position, or 10 years in a supervisory position. OTHER. Ownership of a private vehicle in good working condition. Computer literate.
This vacancy is closed.