Find Jobs in Trinidad and Tobago - TrinidadJob.com
Company: VEMCO Ltd
Job Title: Accounting Assistant
Sector: ACCOUNTING,AUDIT,FINANCE,ECONOMICS,PURCHASING,INSURANCE ADMIN,
Location: WEST -DIEGO MARTIN,CHAGUARAMAS
Job Type: Permanent full-time
The Accounting Assistant will be responsible for updating and reconciling registers and general ledger accounts with accurate and valid information.
For over sixty years, people across the Caribbean have come to know VEMCO as a provider of high quality, healthy and nutritious foods that they love. With a portfolio of trusted brands such as Swiss and Kerrygold, we are well known for our locally manufactured condiments and pasta products which are distributed throughout the Caribbean.
At our core lies a strong set of Values which guide our decision-making and which enable our team to consistently deliver quality service so that our consumers may have enjoyable, enriching experiences through our range of products.
We are inviting applications for the position of Accounting Assistant. The successful candidate will be responsible for updating and reconciling registers and general ledger accounts with accurate and valid information.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Updating the Company’s registers and sub ledgers with entries supported by accurate and valid documentation.
- Maintaining and analysing of schedules and general ledger accounts.
- Preparing general ledger to sub ledger register reconciliations.
- Preparing cash receipts and payments.
- Investigating and reporting on queries related to Finance data.
Qualifications and Experience:
- ACCA Level 1 or CAT Certification
- Minimum of two (2) years’ relevant work experience.
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics, Syspro or similar ERP system will be an asset.
- Experience in the Receivables or Payables function of Finance will be considered an asset.
What’s on Offer?
- An opportunity to grow and develop.
- A competitive remuneration package.