Find Jobs in Trinidad and Tobago - TrinidadJob.com
Company: RAMCO Industries Ltd
Job Ref.: RIL-HSEA
Job Title: Health, Safety and Environment Assistant
Sector: HEALTH & SAFETY,ENVIRONMENT,SOCIAL WORK
Location: SOUTH -SAN FERNANDO,POINTE A PIERRE
Town / City: San Fernando
Job Type: Permanent full-time
- Works with HSE team to conduct audits of all R.I.L. operations according to the established Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Provides feedback on non-compliance and identifies corrective action to be implemented (where appropriate).
- Communicates non-compliance / corrective action with specific departments and ensures that corrective actions identified are completed within specified time frames.
- Assist the HSE Department in the conduct of safety audits of customer facilities to ensure compliance with established HSE Requirements.
- Assists the HSE team, in association with respective departments, in the conduct of Risk Assessment for all departments.
- Assists in communication of the findings of the Risk Assessment to all employees
- Assists in the implementation of mitigation measures to reduce risks as identified in the Risk Assessment.
- Assists in the development of job specific Job Hazard Analysis based on the Risk Assessment.
- Assists the HSE Officer in the conduct of random alcohol testing as per established KPIs
- Assists the HSE Officer in the conduct of employee random drug testing (including alcohol) as per established KPIs.
- Conducts regular inspections of all operations to ensure that proper safety practices are being implemented as per R.I.L Job Hazard Analysis.
- Attends tool box meeting and JHA meetings with operations to ensure understanding of all safety requirements.
- Provides HSE supervision and support to high risk operations.
- Assists with conduct of emergency response drills for R.I.L. facilities.
- Assists with the conduct of Emergency Response training and preparation.
- Assists in checking emergency response equipment to ensure in proper working order.
- Assist in incident investigations to determine root cause and to close out incident reports in a timely manner.
- Assists the HSE Team in working with the various departments to reduce incidents.
Minimum Acceptable Academic/Technical/Professional Qualifications
- Five O’Level subjects including Maths and English
- National General Certificate in Occupational Safety and Safety (NEBOSH U.K.)
- OSHA 30- Hour Program
- First Aid and CPR Certificate Training Program
- Knowledge of the MS suite of applications
Specific Skills/ Experience and/ or Knowledge
- Knowledge of the elements, handling and storage of L.P.G.
- The ability to plan and organize work to meet schedules and timelines.
- The ability to communicate clearly and concisely both orally and in writing.
- Knowledge of the fundamentals of auditing
- Knowledge of pipeline systems
Minimum Number of years of Relevant Experience
- At least two years in an industry focused on Health Safety and the Environment
This vacancy is closed.