Find Jobs in Trinidad and Tobago - TrinidadJob.com
Job Ref.: Job
Job Title: INVENTORY CONTROL ASSISTANT
Sector: CUSTOMER SERVICE,ADMINISTRATIVE,BUSINESS-ADMIN,CLERICAL
Location: NORTH CENTRAL -CUREPE,MT HOPE,SAN JUAN
Job Type: Temporary / Contract
Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons to fill the following position at the North-Central Regional Health Authority (NCRHA):
INVENTORY CONTROL ASSISTANT
The incumbent will be required to create and update inventory records concerned with the amount, value and specification of stock received, stored, issued or otherwise disposed in/from inventory.
- Create a record for each stock item on Kardex or on a computer file, and document specifications and stock level settings.
- Update all inventory records concerned with the amount, value and specification of stock received, stored, issued or otherwise disposed in/from inventory.
- Identify and report unusual stock activity at transaction posting.
- Update all inventory records with additions, changes and deletions of stock.
- Verify transaction edits and update reports to ensure the accuracy and completeness of historical records and catalogue data.
- Identify, compile and consolidate items for reorder, based on set reorder points and determine and recommend quantities to be reordered based on the set maximum stock levels or reorder quantities.
- Perform preliminary batching of replenishment requisitions and submit to the Purchasing Officer for final processing.
- Initiate Reconciliation of Physical Counts to recorded quantities, and may investigate and report reasons for any discrepancies.
- Expedite regular requirements and assist in expediting critical and urgent requirements.
- Regularly liaise with user departments to identify project or special requirements as opposed to regular requirements; coordinate and expedite the activities of all parties to ensure the timely availability of supplies to satisfy all user-departments’ requirements.
- Prepare Difference Registers for physical recount by stores personnel and expedite the return of data to reconcile against records.
- Prepare an updated listing (by adding and deleting stock) of “Out-of-Stock”, “Critical” and “Urgent” items for the approval of the Purchasing Officer.
- Maintain logs for ‘New Item Requests’, stock number assignments, replenishment requisitions and requests for additional specifications.
- Maintain files of documents- Receiving Reports, Stock Requisitions, Physical Inventory Reports, computer update reports, etc.
- Return travelling requisitions to Kardex files and update Kardex and computer systems with reorder data.
- Update Reorder Files with Reorder Status Data.
- Provide stock status and usage information to users.
- Prepare catalogues for distribution upon users request and by set update schedules.
- Perform other related duties as directed by the organisational relationship.
Minimum Qualifications, Training and Experience:
- Five (5) O’ Levels, two (2) of which should be English Language and Mathematics
- A’ level passes, especially in the areas of Science, Mathematics or Business, would be an asset.
- Six (6) years working experience, with three (3) years of exposure to a material intensive and/or paperwork processing environment, and at least one (1) year’s experience in implementing classification and coding system and/or the maintenance of detailed records and associated manipulation, analysis and reporting of data.
- Knowledge of an ERP system e.g.- Microsoft Dynamics or ENCOM
- Any other equivalent combination of training and experience may be considered
* Certificates acquired at foreign universities MUST be supported by certified transcripts as well as evidence that the completed programme is accredited in Trinidad and Tobago
Applications must be submitted along with Curriculum Vitae by
July 19, 2018 to:
Office of the General Manager, Human Resources
North-Central Regional Health Authority
Building #39, Third Floor
Eric Williams Medical Sciences Complex
Unsuitable/late applications will not be acknowledged.