Find Jobs in Trinidad and Tobago - TrinidadJob.com
Company: Employer Confidential
Job Title: Driver
Location: NORTH EAST -ST AUGUSTINE,TUNAPUNA,AROUCA,PIARCO
Job Type: Permanent full-time
Job Description: Driver
The Driver reports to the Head of Operations and performs driving duties and all functions related thereto. The incumbent ensures the safe and timely transportation of all items/persons placed under their charge, inclusive of the transportation of Officers, mail, messages, packages and payments. The incumbent is also responsible for proper care and usage of company vehicles, and conformance to all relevant company policies.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Deliver/pickup messages, letters, parcels, cheques, etc. to/from customers as requested by the Operations and Administration department.
- Convey Security Officers to and from locations as assigned. Carry out postings for both a.m. and p.m. schedules.
- Purchase and or drop off meals for officers as required by the stipulated timeline.
- Make bill payments as necessary on behalf of the Company on a timely basis.
- Conduct banking transactions as required.
- Keep records of mail, items received and delivered.
- Purchase miscellaneous items as required.
- Clear PO Boxes daily.
- Comply with all aspects of the company Vehicle Policy, including but not limited to:
- Ensure that the vehicle assigned to you is kept in good working condition at all times and driven with due care obeying the laws of the Land and consideration for other road users.
- Do routine checks on all vehicles as per programme and fill out relevant forms indicating all defects on the units before handover.
- Ensure that vehicle is kept clean on a daily basis.
- Report accidents or mishaps immediately to Supervisor or competent delegate.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures.
- Any other duties that may be assigned from time to time within the scope of your function.
Minimum Experience and Qualifications
- Evidence of having attained a secondary school education, school-leaving Certificate.
- Holder of a valid Trinidad and Tobago Drivers Permit to operate a Class 3 motor vehicle.
- At least five (5) years driving experience.
- Possession of a Defensive Driving Certificate will be an asset.
- Must be at least 25 years of age.
- Previous work experience as a Driver in the energy sector will be an asset
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Basic reading and writing skills
- Ability to take and follow-through on instructions, and work independently
- Dependable and resourceful;
- High level of honesty and integrity
- Must be able to manually lift 50lbs intermittently; heavier loads will be handled using other methods.