Find Jobs in Trinidad and Tobago - TrinidadJob.com
Company: MASSY Distribution Ltd
Job Title: Marketing Coordinator
Sector: ADVERTISING, MARKETING, MEDIA, COMMUNICATIONS
Location: NORTH EAST -ST AUGUSTINE,TUNAPUNA,AROUCA,PIARCO
Job Type: Permanent full-time
Assist in the development and implementation of marketing plans and programmes that will lead to the growth and profitability of the Pharmaceutical Department, in accordance with agreed business plans.
- Acquire and develop an understanding of the Healthcare Industry in Trinidad and Tobago.
- Obtain professional and technical knowledge of pharmaceutical and other healthcare products.
- Be familiar with all aspects of warehousing, distribution and inventory control and implications on customer service.
- Lead initiative to launch Pharmatex Brand in Caribbean Region.
- Manage Medical representatives of the company and liaise with various Principals regarding commercial issues.
- Work with Product Specialists to plan, implement, record and assess marketing plans, sales promotions, advertising and merchandising programmes and relevant expenditure.
- Assist in the system set up of deals/promotions and vendor rebates to ensure system accuracy.
- Assist the Sales Manager and Product Specialists in the selection of promotions and respective literature and A&P material needed to achieve objectives.
- Implement promotional plans for Ethical Lines that will increase market share.
- Provide the Pharmaceutical team with timely and accurate information re: results of promotions, sales growth, etc.
- Work closely with the Sales Manager to coordinate marketing and sales functions of OTC and ethical products to achieve the department's goals and objectives at profitable levels.
- Work with the Product Specialists and Medical Representatives to ensure adequate inventory levels to satisfy market demands and promotions without having excessive or insufficient inventories.
- Work closely with Purchasing Department to ensure orders are acknowledged and received in a timely manner.
- Work closely with the pharmaceutical team to expand market coverage and penetration to maximize sales through distribution, new customers, etc.
- Visit customers to obtain first-hand information on prices, trends and market conditions.
- Monitor, record and evaluate competitive activity such as marketing activity, pricing, distribution and promotions and recommend the necessary counter-action.
- Develop a competitive data base (including co-distributors), recording and keeping current, all prices, marketing strategies, promotions, etc.
- Conduct quarterly Brand reviews together with Pharmaceutical Director.
- Monitor effectiveness of Massy's customer service and develop and implement plans to permanently correct any shortfalls.
- Identify opportunities and implement initiatives that increase market share within existing product lines.
- Achieve financial objectives by managing the marketing budget and maximizing returns on A&P investment.
- Ensure all marketing and other debit note charges are approved by all suppliers before implementation.
- Develop, present and monitor implementation of key account business plans on annual basis.
- Conduct market research, develop and recommend objectives for product development with specific targets in the segments in which we compete and others with potential.
- Contribute to setting brand strategy and developing the annual operating plan based on relevant insights
- Maintain current market information for all categories as necessary (competitor pricing/activity, sales by channel/key account, costing spreadsheet, advertising/in store costs, etc.)
- Assist with development of account specific programs such as trade plans and customer loyalty programs.
- Assist salesmen in becoming the preferred supplier/category champion for every customer.
- Recommend new sales and merchandising strategies, including social media strategies and new target market segment marketing.
- Evaluate specific marketing programmes versus results to establish a bank of marketing intelligence for future use and reference.
- Assist in any other area as necessary in support of Company activities.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Understands the principles of marketing and advertising cost-effectiveness
- Results-oriented with a positive outlook and a clear focus on high quality and business profit
- Team Player
Qualifications & Experience
- First Degree in Business Management
- 5 years of related experience and training
- Experience in marketing in the Healthcare industry would be an asset
- Supervisory experience
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
Application Deadline: Tuesday August 14, 2018