Find Jobs in Trinidad and Tobago - TrinidadJob.com
Company: Dockside Food Company Ltd
Job Title: Quality Assurance Supervisor
Location: EAST -ARIMA/SANGRE GRANDE
Job Type: Permanent full-time
QUALITY ASSURANCE SUPERVISOR
To coordinate the execution of and monitor the application of Quality Assurance for the establishment and maintenance of effective product standards and specifications.
- Responsible for developing and implementing food safety management procedures and systems.
- To ensure that all systems are in place for the manufacturing of safe and acceptable products.
- Provide guidance and direction to the Quality Assurance Inspectors and conduct relevant performance reviews of the position, in keeping with the company’s objective for ISO Certification.
- Strong administrative focus on the Quality Manuals regarding policy and procedure updates.
- Strong HACCP compliance regarding production and respond to lead activities as directed by the Food Safety Team Leader.
- To review the current policies and improvise plans to improve upon the existing quality standards.
- Responsible for the coordination of all activities in the Quality Department and completing the relevant reports such as Housekeeping (laundry), Janitorial, Pest Control etc.
- Coordinate the research and development of new products as necessary.
- Develop and conduct training programmes for staff to ensure compliance with both domestic and international standards for food manufacture.
- Implement and monitor the application of GMP’s hygiene, cleaning and sanitation procedures and systems to ensure compliance with established standards.
- Perform and co-ordinate microbial testing in accordance with established company practices, including coordination of external service providers as required.
- Prepare non-conformance and wastage reports for each shift in accordance with approved procedures on a weekly and daily basis.
- Carry out inspections, tests and related programmes in accordance with established schedules and procedures for raw materials; packaging material, in-process product and finished goods as may be required and initiate approved corrective action as may be necessary.
- Investigate all customer complaints related to product quality and safety, recommend corrective actions and conduct related employee awareness training sessions.
- Conduct field audits on damaged and returned products as necessary.
- BSc Degree in Food Science or Biochemistry.
- Experience in Microbiological techniques would be an asset.
- Preferably at least 5 years’ experience in the food or related industry.
- Working knowledge of ISO Standards, HACCP and GMP as it applies to the food industry.
- Certification in HACCP would be an asset.