Find Jobs in Trinidad and Tobago - TrinidadJob.com
Company: HADCO GROUP
Job Ref.: HADCO- LOGISTICS COORDINATOR
Job Title: Logistics Coordinator
Salary / Package: Negotiable
Location: NORTH CENTRAL -CUREPE,MT HOPE,SAN JUAN
Town / City: Barataria
Job Type: Permanent full-time
POSITION: Logistics Coordinator
DATE: 14th August, 2018
WORKING HOURS: 8:00am to 5:00pm
ACCOUNTABLE TO: Manager- Brokerage, Logistics & Services
This position provides costing valuations on all shipments, follows up on claims with suppliers, and liaises with the various departments (Food Purchasing, Electrical Purchasing and Wine & Spirits) on all incoming shipments. The incumbent must also co-ordinate shipments with suppliers and freight forwarders and liaise with the Accounts Payable Department on payment for the suppliers. Shipping documents must also be organized for Wine & Spirits and the Electrical & Lighting Division and it must be ensured that a log is kept for all Shipping Documents.
This position reports to the Manager-Brokerage & Logistics as well as the Logistics Supervisor. There are no persons under supervision.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Receiving Warehouse Receipts from Hexcorp via EZ Freight
- Consolidation of goods at Hexcorp
- Matching orders, Invoices and Packing List and writing them off.
- Supply cut sheets when requested
- Liaise with BSC ESSEX Freight in England on co-ordinating shipments.
- Requesting Freight Cheque from Accounts Payable.
- Numbering and putting together of ALL Electrical and Wine shipping documents.
- Ensuring all Food, Electrical and Wine Warehouse documents are logged in and out.
OTHER FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Other duties as assigned by the Manager Brokerage and Logistics or Supervisor Electrical Logistics/Supervisor Food Logistics that may be deemed essential for the effective functioning of the Brokerage & Logistics Department.
HSE Roles and Responsibilities of Supervisors:
- It is the duty of Supervisors to be directly responsible for the overall safety standards of all works carried out by their team and will ensure that working of their Employees and site location conform in all respects, to all legal requirements of the Health, Safety and Environment Policy.
- Ensure that the necessary registers and records are kept in a correct manner.
- Must ensure that all Employees under his/her supervision undergo HADCO’s Safety Orientation within five working days of employment.
- Conduct Toolbox Talks.
- Report monthly to the Managers on all matters of concern in relation to the HSE matters.
- Take advice on all matters relating to safety, health and welfare from their safety staff and allow them free access and co-operation at all times.
- Ensures that all Employees are aware of, and comply with, requirements for safe work practices as well as safe and healthful conditions on job sites.
- The Supervisor must conduct one monthly HSE inspection to ensure that:
- All work areas comply with HADCO’s and project HSE guidelines and SOPs.
- If unsafe conditions exist, corrective action is taken and their Managers, HSE Manager and the Group co-Chief Executive Officer are informed of inspection results.
- All sub-contractors and sub-contractor personnel comply with applicable HSE regulations when applicable.
In the Event of an Accident
The Supervisor is required to immediately report to the HSE Manager at HADCO’s Office on the nature of the incident. They shall assist in incident investigation and reporting process, in accordance with HADCO’s SOPs.
- Five (Five) Ordinary Level Passes
- Certificate in Purchasing or Supply Chain Management
- Pleasant Disposition and well mannered
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Team Player
- Two to Three Years’ previous experience in a Logistics environment
· Diploma in Purchasing or Supply Chain Management
· Ability to multitask well
- Certificate of Character
We wish to thank all applicants for your interest, but please note that only Short-Listed candidates will be contacted.