Find Jobs in Trinidad and Tobago - TrinidadJob.com
Company: Massy Wood Group Ltd.
Job Title: Project Engineer
Sector: ENGINEERING,CONSTRUCTION,PROJECT MANAGEMENT,ENERGY, QS
Location: CENTRAL -CHAGUANAS,CARONI, FREEPORT
Town / City: Chaguanas / Port-of-Spain
Job Type: Permanent full-time
The role will be responsible for the delivery of an integrated Engineering, Procurement and Project / Construction Management Service to the Client. In addition to the technical aspects this includes maintaining good business relationships built on a foundation of reliable performance and earned respect.
- Coordination and management of all interfaces required to deliver a complete product to the Client, including Engineering, Procurement, Construction and Minor Modifications.
- Responsible for delivering quality project objectives and goals safely, on time and within budget.
- Awareness, understanding and delivery of Contractual obligations set out in the Service Contract.
- Awareness and understanding of the business drivers within the Massy Wood/Client relationship and how these can be influenced.
- Development and performance management of all engineering deliverables associated with the various Work Breakdown Structures (WBS) Scopes of Work from inception through to completion.
- Ensure the accurate development, coordination and continuous performance management of baseline schedules, estimates, expenditure, forecasts, progress measurement and reporting of the engineering deliverables for the various WBS Scopes of Work.
- Ensure that the relevant resources are engaged in the development of realistic risk based schedules and the control of costs and that progress is measured and accurate reports generated for the various work programmes.
- Takes personal responsibility for promoting and supporting continuous improvement activities within all aspects of the business under their sphere of influence.
- Actively seeks to develop and maintain business relationships based on open and honest communication underpinned by reliable proactive performance, expectation management and earned respect.
- Proactively facilitate the resolution of cross discipline technical issues.
- Motivates and develops a high performing team with a ‘be safe’ and ‘mistake free’ culture and a drive for continuous improvement.
- Recognises skills limitations and proactively notifies and engages management support in these areas.
- Knowledge of and adherence to Massy Wood and project specific Project Management Systems and Procedures relevant to the role.
- Lead the compliance of all project activities to the QA/QC and HSSE standards of the Company and Client.
- Ensure that Massy Wood QMS & HSSE systems and procedures are adhered to by the Projects team.
- Responsible for achieving Key Performance Indicator targets.
- BEng. Degree in Engineering from an accredited university.
- Project Management Certification (PMP) will be considered an asset.
- Must possess eight (8) years’ minimum experience in a similar position within the Oil & Gas/Energy industry.
- Sound knowledge of Project Management practices and procedures.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to provide direction to and supervise others.
- Self-motivated with an ability to work unsupervised.
- Ability to work well in a team environment with external and internal customers.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines.
Please also note that the successful candidate may be required to attend duties at the Client’s facilities as needed.