Find Jobs in Trinidad and Tobago - TrinidadJob.com
Company: Massy Wood Group Ltd.
Job Title: Expeditor
Location: NORTH -PORT OF SPAIN,WOODBROOK,ST. JAMES, MORVANT
Job Type: Permanent full-time
The Expeditor is responsible for following up with suppliers to ensure the timely delivery of purchase orders based on committed delivery dates. They are also responsible for providing reports in a timely manner to Stakeholders in respect of materials and equipment delivery schedules including expediting deliverables identified within the Supplier Document Schedule and negotiating delivery schedules, in conjunction with the Buyer or Category Management Specialist or Materials Coordinator.
The incumbent is required to maintain a focus on ensuring that Purchase Orders are delivered in accordance with the timelines committed by supplies/contractors.
These activities include, but are not limited to:
- Confirming receipt of Purchase Orders by Suppliers
- Maintaining an appropriate database for the tracking and timely reporting of deliveries of goods and equipment
- Consistent and timely follow up of purchase orders issued to suppliers.
- Escalating late deliveries to the SCM Coordinator for resolution
- Close-out of Supplier Purchase order in conjunction with the CMS or Buyer
- Co-Ordinates with the respective warehouses to ensure that purchase orders are receipted within the agreed timeframes and KPI’s
- Works with the CMS/Buyer/Warehouse to resolve any issues with suppliers in respect of items or instructions on Purchase Orders in respect of delivery expectations, such to avoid delays in delivery.
- Compiles reports weekly and monthly with respect to availability of materials, equipment and services in respect of all Purchase Orders and Service Orders
- Liaising with internal stakeholders (Construction, Procurement, Warehouse and Logistics) to co-ordinate the prioritized call-off of materials to satisfy internal project deliverables
- Liaising with suppliers to resolve any component inaccuracies or discrepancies observed by the Materials Management Team to enable proper receipting and payment of the goods
- Understanding the Project Planning and Scheduling methodologies (Primavera P6), provide the Project planner with accurate updates to the overall Project plan, provide detailed Procurement Status Reports (PSR), in line with project reporting deadlines.
- Use the provisions of the Purchase or Service Order Terms and Conditions to maintain contractual performance obligations by the suppliers/contractors
- Reviewing performance feedback in respect of materials, equipment and services providers;
- Preparing and maintaining structured and indexed files in respect of Purchase Order Documents
- Implementing improvement plans where there is a significant gap between expectations and supplier actual performance.
- Develop, report and maintain supplier KPI’s to allow for the appropriate decisions wrt future award of purchase orders.
- Personally abide by ethical practice in all dealings with company Subcontractors.
- Perform all other related job functions as required.
- Level 3 CIPS or similar
- Five (5) years minimum with an Oil & Gas industry main contractor in a Project environment
- Operating a computerised Materials Control system
- Interfacing with Suppliers, Engineering, QA/QC, Document Control, Procurement, and Client representatives
- Ability to synthesise complex or diverse information
- Ability to work effectively, prioritise and develop realistic action plans in a fast-paced work environment
- Actively promotes and personally observes safety and security procedures, and uses equipment and materials properly.
- Maintains the highest level of confidentiality and trustworthiness.
- Seeks ways to improve and promote quality and demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Proficient in Computer Applications including word processing and spreadsheet applications (MS Word & Excel) and bespoke systems (Maximo preferred).