Find Jobs in Trinidad and Tobago - TrinidadJob.com
Company: RAMCO Industries Ltd
Job Ref.: RIL-PMT
Job Title: Plant Maintenance Technician
Location: SOUTH -SAN FERNANDO,POINTE A PIERRE
Town / City: San Fernando
Job Type: Permanent full-time
The Plant Maintenance Technician carries out repairs, maintenance and operations of plant components and equipment in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures and the health, safety and environment policies governing the operations. Emphasis is placed on strict adherence to the company’s and local statutory guidelines with reference to Health, Safety and the Environment.
- Assists the Plant Maintenance Manager in all areas of Quality Control (accurate weight of cylinders, variances in weight etc.) and informs the Plant Maintenance Manager of deviations from same immediately.
- Operates the valves on the plant in keeping with the standard operating practices.
- Ensures that the pneumatic components on the Plant are functioning at all times and informs the Operations Manager/ Plant Manager of instances of malfunctions.
- Trouble shoots and repairs defects in the pneumatic components in conjunction with the Plant Maintenance Manager/Operations Manager.
- Informs immediately the Group Health Safety and Environment Manager/immediate supervisor of all instances of non-adherence to HSE policies and guidelines.
- Responsible for start up and shut down of air compressors in keeping with standard operating procedures.
- Maintains the required oil level and performs oil changes to Plant Equipment: gearboxes, air liberators carousel etc.
- Ensures that the required level and lubricating capability of conveyer chain lubricant for the conveyor chain is maintained.
- Loads Bulk Trucks ensuring that all fittings (hoses, fittings etc.) and other devices are securely attached.
- Offloads Road Tank Wagons ensuring that fittings (hoses, fittings, couplings, etc.) are secured and all other procedures are strictly adhered to.
- Responsible for the filling of storage tanks for vehicles utilizing L.P.G.
- Responsible for the filling and recording of L.P.G in storage tanks brought in by private citizens and companies. (Coca – Cola, Burmac, etc.).
- Performs routine repairs and calibrations on twenty and one hundred pounds filling machine.
- Aligns equipment (pumps, driving units etc.) driven by motors.
- Repairs Evacuation Compressor, Carousel, L.P.G Pumps and Air Compressors.
- Performs mechanical work on conveyor trucks and conveyor chain.
- Prepares “production sheets” at the end of each shift on a daily basis and submit to Plant Supervisor.
- Adheres at all times to the health, safety and environmental policies governng the operation of the division.
- Attends all toolbox meetings as directed by the Group’s Health, Safety and Environment Manager or members of the Senior Management team.
Minimum Acceptable Academic Skills & Qualifications
Completion of Process Plant Operator/Maintenance Engineering Technician Diploma or 2 years experience in a similar related field.
Minimum number of years of Relevant Experience.
- Six-months on the job training.
Specific Skills/ Experience and/or Knowledge
- The ability to assign, schedule and supervise maintenance and repair activities.
- The ability to plan and organize work to meet schedules and timelines.
- Working knowledge of the Occupational Safety and Health Act of Trinidad and Tobago.
- Knowledge of occupational hazards and standard safety practices.
- Principles and practices of supervision, training and performance evaluation.
This vacancy is closed.