Find Jobs in Trinidad and Tobago - TrinidadJob.com
Company: RAHAMUT ENTERPRISES LIMITED
Job Ref.: REL SR
Job Title: Sales Representative - Retail & Small Industrial
Sector: BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT,SALES,RETAILING, DISTRIBUTION
Job Type: Permanent full-time
The Rahamut Group is a diversified group comprising leading organizations, its principal operations involve the marketing and distribution of refined petroleum products in Trinidad and Tobago and the broader region (Jamaica). Our commitment to service excellence and integrity in business has earned us enormous trust. Our position of leadership with integrity and trust is built through our dedication and commitment to customers, employees, shareholders and regional business communities.
We are committed to being a World Class Group of companies drawing strength from the combined experience of over 100 years of serving people of the region. We continue to be responsible corporate citizens and seek to improve the quality of life and positively contribute to the economies and the communities of which we are apart.
One of the companies in the group is Rahamut Enterprises Ltd (REL). REL is a the largest retailer and distributor of diesel fuel on behalf of NP and the largest transporter of other petroleum products and bulk liquids, servicing local and multinational customers. In the non fuel division, REL is the exclusive distributor of Phillips 66 and Kendall lubricants and greases. The former offers optimal equipment protection and performance and maintains a strong brand presence in the mining, natural gas engine oil, power generation, injection molding, construction/aggregate, fleet, automotive and industrial market segments; the latter is highly regarded in the passenger car and heavy-duty engine oil segments. In the environmental and safety products arena, REL is the exclusive distributor of PRIDE products, both coolants and degreasers.
The operation is based in San Fernando and has a staff complement of approximately 55 persons.
REL is committed to its mission to deliver the highest standards of excellence in service in everything that we do and lead the industry, continuously working to improve the safety of our operations. As such all positions are expected to adhere to the Company’s Health, Safety and Environmental policies and the Occupational Safety and Health Act of Trinidad and Tobago.
REL upholds the highest standards of ethics and integrity in all our business dealings. REL’s HR mission is to develop and retain the best talent with a commitment to doing their part to making each individual a future leader.
The Sales Representative – Retail & Small Industrial (SR) plays an important role in driving the sales numbers of the business with respect to the non fuel division of the business. Energetic. Passionate. Caring. Genuine. Results-oriented. These qualities best describe employees who work for REL. Our products are targeted to all types of Automotive vehicles – gasoline, diesel, light duty and heavy duty. Our products superior quality helps our customers to achieve improved performance to their vehicle with a fully developed range of lubricants, coolants and greases. As a company, we work to provide total solutions to our customers in the role of trusted advisor.
The SR will report to the General Manager (GM) and will be responsible for:
- achieving required sales targets by mastery of the process of value-based selling: from identifying opportunities, to delivering & selling current products as well as introducing new products to meet or exceed sales, customer service, and profit plan budget metrics.
- delivering consistent and continuous sales growth through new business development and by use of superior selling skills to navigate an account across multiple levels in the customer’s organization, including purchasing, technical, and other groups and to be comfortable in the technical arena to effectively engage with REL’s technical and development staff as appropriate to advance new business and product support opportunities.
- building strong customer relationships by product knowledge of features & benefits, account planning, following up, forming long-lasting relationships built on trust and by converting leads to sales, and customers to raving fans.
- supporting the company's collections process.
- working alongside other team members as it relates to the marketing and promotion of the non fuel and fuel products and/or services and to understand and communicate the value that our products provide.
- Planning of sales, and reporting daily on sales progress and competitive activities.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- At least 5 C.X.C./G.C.E. O'Level passes including English Language and Mathematics
- At least 3 years of experience in a technical sales role and/or selling specialty chemical products, preferably in/to the Industrial Lubricants industry
- Business acumen and superior selling and negotiation skills
- Willing to develop good network and relationships with the major players in the respective segments
- Interpersonal savvy
- Organizing and planning skills
- Listening and technical learning ability, especially to understand applications and products to define the best technical value proposition for customers
- Ability to innovate and provide creative solutions to serve customers’ needs and desires
- Drive for results, perseverance, self-motivated and entrepreneurial
- Knowledge of the lubricant industry will be a plus.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- A valid Trinidad and Tobago Driver’s license and ability to drive a manual vehicle.
- A strong desire to excel in field sales.