Find Jobs in Trinidad and Tobago - TrinidadJob.com
Job Ref.: Job
Job Title: MEDICAL RECORDS OFFICER
Sector: MEDICAL/NURSING/PHARMCEUTICAL/ HEALTH CARE
Location: NORTH CENTRAL -CUREPE,MT HOPE,SAN JUAN
Job Type: Temporary / Contract
Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons to fill the following position at the North-Central Regional Health Authority (NCRHA):
MEDICAL RECORDS OFFICER
The incumbent will be responsible for supervising the functions within the department to ensure that it operates in an effective and efficient manner in accordance with the established policies and procedures to provide optimum patient care services.
- Assists in the maintenance of the highest level of confidentiality with regard to patients’ medical and sociological information.
- Assists in maintaining efficient medical record keeping standards.
- Checks, controls, and maintains records of the master patient indices
- Verifies the diagnostic index with coded diseases, conditions and surgical procedures and coding of patient’s diagnosis and operations using ICD-10-CM.
- Supervises the coding and release of medico-legal information.
- Supervise the Filing Room and In/Out Patient activities.
- Ensures the timely preparation and completion of discharge summaries for the burial of homeless and unclaimed bodies.
- Supervises the completion of statistical data for accuracy.
- Ensures that the Authority’s and department’s policies and procedures are maintained.
- Prepares comprehensive and confidential reports.
- Prepares duty rosters for shift staff to ensure the effective continuity of service delivery.
- Provides orientation for all new staff assigned to the department.
- Assigns and supervises daily duties to all assigned staff as necessary to optimise service delivery.
- Handles departmental queries and solves same within the established timeframes.
- Coordinates medical records activities with other patient care areas/departments within the Institution.
- Assists the organisational relationship with conducting regular on-the-job training for the staff.
- Participates in activities relating to Quality Assurance and Utilisation Review.
- Performs related duties as directed by the organisational relationship..
Minimum Qualifications, Training and Experience:
- Bachelor Degree in Health Information Management or a related discipline.
- Minimum of five (5) years experience in a Medical Records department.
- Certificate in a Supervisory Management will be an asset.
- Experience in the Public Service will be an asset.
- Certification in Microsoft Office.
- Any equivalent combination of training and experience may be considered
* Certificates acquired at foreign universities MUST be supported by certified transcripts as well as evidence that the completed programme is accredited in Trinidad and Tobago
Applications must be submitted along with Curriculum Vitae by
September 11, 2018 to:
Office of the General Manager, Human Resources
North-Central Regional Health Authority
Building #39, Third Floor
Eric Williams Medical Sciences Complex
Unsuitable/late applications will not be acknowledged.
This vacancy is closed.