Find Jobs in Trinidad and Tobago - TrinidadJob.com
Job Ref.: Job
Job Title: CSP TECHNICIAN
Sector: MEDICAL/NURSING/PHARMCEUTICAL/ HEALTH CARE
Location: NORTH CENTRAL -CUREPE,MT HOPE,SAN JUAN
Job Type: Temporary / Contract
Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons to fill the following position at the North-Central Regional Health Authority (NCRHA):
The incumbent will be required to perform routine technical work in the cleaning and sterilising of surgical and nursing supplies and equipment.
- Assembles and wraps diagnostic tray with appropriate surgical instruments and supplies for subsequent sterilisation.
- Maintains records of issue and receipt charges.
- Answers, interprets and fills phone requests for issue of equipment and supplies.
- Recognizes defective/unsafe equipment (sterile processing and patient care) and report at once.
- Collects, cleans, assembles and processes supplies, instruments and equipment specific to their area in order to provide sterile equipment, supplies and instruments.
- Checks and maintains an adequate level of sterile supplies and equipment as required in their area.
- Records and orders linen in order to maintain appropriate inventory level.
- Maintains and cleans work surfaces and equipment in department in order to ensure safe practices.
- Operates sterilizers and washers in order to provide sterile equipment supplies.
- Prepares items for gas sterilisation and demonstrate understanding of the necessary precautions associated with gas sterilisation.
- Initiates outdate check of sterile supplies.
- Attends in-service programmes provided for the Unit and Hospital as it pertains to their area.
- Fills case cart requisitions accurately in order to ship appropriate supplies/instruments.
- Performs required autoclave monitoring procedures (Bowie-Dick test, attest, record feeding of load runs, items and log maintenance of the autoclave).
- Restocks supplies as assigned.
- Hands over sterile articles upon exchange of approved documents.
- Assists, as necessary, with routine non-technical operational or manual tasks.
- Ensures all infections materials are treated as per guidelines in management for all equipment according to policy.
- Performs other related duties as directed by the organisational relationship.
Minimum Qualifications, Training and Experience:
- Five (5) O’Level passes which should include Mathematics and English Language.
- A minimum of three (3) years’ experience in the sterile processing environment.
- Certification in sterilizing from a recognized body
* Certificates acquired at foreign universities MUST be supported by certified transcripts as well as evidence that the completed programme is accredited in Trinidad and Tobago
Applications must be submitted along with Curriculum Vitae by
September 11, 2018 to:
Office of the General Manager, Human Resources
North-Central Regional Health Authority
Building #39, Third Floor
Eric Williams Medical Sciences Complex
Unsuitable/late applications will not be acknowledged.