Find Jobs in Trinidad and Tobago - TrinidadJob.com
Job Ref.: Job
Job Title: CSP ATTENDANT
Sector: MEDICAL/NURSING/PHARMCEUTICAL/ HEALTH CARE
Location: NORTH CENTRAL -CUREPE,MT HOPE,SAN JUAN
Job Type: Temporary / Contract
Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons to fill the following position at the North-Central Regional Health Authority (NCRHA):
The incumbent will be required to perform routine work in the collection and distribution of items to and from the Central Sterile Processing Department.
- Collects and receives contaminated articles from ‘User Areas’.
- Distributes sterilised items to ‘User Areas’.
- Collects water from the water treatment room for sterilisation.
- Maintains clean trolleys for the distribution of sterile items.
- Packs trolleys with sterilised items to return to ‘User Areas’.
- Packs consumable supplies for sterilisation.
- Takes linens to the sewing room for repairs.
- Assists on weekends with the assembling of instruments and linen when the workload is heavy.
- Uses an enclosed trolley for collection of contaminated instruments from the ‘User Area’ to be decontaminated.
- Follows the guidelines in the Quality Assurance Manual, Quality Management System Procedure Manual and the Draft Health and Safety Manual.
- Documents instrument packs received from the ‘User Areas’, as well as, ensure documented contaminated instrument forms correspond with sterile items to be returned to ‘User Area’.
- Washes soiled articles, assembles soiled or washed articles in baskets or other containers prior to final cleaning and decontamination in mechanical or ultrasonic washer/sterilizer.
- Loads assembled orders into sterile transport carts and transports sterile supplies to patient-care areas, obtaining necessary approved documentation on hand-over.
- Performs other related duties as directed by the organisational relationship.
Minimum Qualifications, Training and Experience:
- Three (3) O’level passes which should include Mathematics, English Language.
- Knowledge of handling sterilised items.
- At least three (3) years’ experience in a sterilisation environment.
- Certificate in sterilizing from a recognised body.
* Certificates acquired at foreign universities MUST be supported by certified transcripts as well as evidence that the completed programme is accredited in Trinidad and Tobago
Applications must be submitted along with Curriculum Vitae by
September 11, 2018 to:
Office of the General Manager, Human Resources
North-Central Regional Health Authority
Building #39, Third Floor
Eric Williams Medical Sciences Complex
Unsuitable/late applications will not be acknowledged.
This vacancy is closed.