Find Jobs in Trinidad and Tobago - TrinidadJob.com
Company: Employers Solution Centre Limited
Job Ref.: HRO2017036
Job Title: Logistics Engineer (Warehousing Delivery)
Job Type: Temporary / Contract
- Adhere to shipping/warehousing/receiving and regulatory-compliance procedures, laws, regulations and standards
- Complete and keep documentation include but not limited: DN (Delivery Note), POD (Proof of Delivery), POS (Proof of Scrap)…work orders and shipping orders using computer-based technology
- Keep detailed record of daily shipping/transferring/receiving/Scrap logs etc.
- Dispatch freight for delivery and arrange truck type for delivery or pickup.
- Record shipment data such as weight, Qty of pallets, boxes, charges and damage, time of arrival & receiver’s name.
- Contact carrier representative to make arrangements and to issue receiving & shipping instructions and delivery of materials.
- Maintain control of cost and review priority delivery to leave from warehouse.
- Manage the LSP team and daily inbound & outbound, to make sure the cargos safety and accuracy. Take charge of the Central Warehouse cycle counting, Quarterly stocktaking.
- Rectify problems such as damages, shortages and non-conformance to specifications. Coordinate the delivery time / trucks booking / manpower shortage to make sure cargos can be inbound or delivered on time and completely.
- Manage the reverse business, such as return cargos back to warehouse from sites / back to supply center from warehouse, and scrap business.
- Document and escalate any customer service issues and/or shipping/receiving errors
- Complete safety reports in relation to health and safety issues & 8S
- Develop constructive and cooperative working relationships
- Support the warehousing and delivery business in other countries, such as Suriname / Dominican Republic / Guyana etc. (may require travelling outside of Trinidad and Tobago)
- Support activities of team according to leader instructions or priority tasks.
- Perform all other work-related duties assigned
Job Responsibility is not exclusive and you may be required to carry out other job related activities as assigned.
- Bachelor´s Degree in Logistics or Supply Chain Management.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience in warehousing, inventory management and freight logistics
- Certification in Production and Inventory Management, and the Certified Purchasing Manager certification would be an asset
- Post Graduate training and/or experience in operations research, logistics management, sourcing and marketing would be an asset
- Ability to pay high attention to detail and be proactive
- Able to strategically plan and meet strict deadlines
- Have good geographical knowledge
- Strong customer service and communication skills
- Good team player and able to work in a fast paced environment
- Familiar with Micro office suite, especially Excel.
Flexibility to work overtime at night or weekends to communicate with HQ in China to solve problems (when necessary).