Find Jobs in Trinidad and Tobago - TrinidadJob.com
Company: Tissues Limited
Job Title: Boiler Operator
Location: EAST -ARIMA/SANGRE GRANDE
Town / City: Arima
Job Type: Permanent full-time
Reports to: Boiler / ETP Supervisor
Last Review Date: 15/05/2018
Department: Production- Grand Bay
Location : Grand Bay Arima
Head of Unit : Team Leader Production -GBP
Prepared by: Production Unit
Ensure the continuity of production and operation of the Boiler and associated equipment in the area; with the objective of providing the optimum temperature, pressure and pH for the Yankee dryer; ensuring the proper functioning of the boiler equipment and the quality of steam produced. Ensure compliance with the JSA documents and the company’s HSE policy.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Work in a safe manner, using protective equipment whenever required. Monitor other team members to ensure compliance to all safety rules. Bring any unsafe acts to the attention of individuals immediately.
- Report any unsafe conditions to the Boiler / ETP Supervisor.
- Work with other team members as a team.
- Receive and report the discrepancies of the shift.
- Analyse the different indicators of boiler and effluent treatment with action plans to ensure stability and continuity of the production process.
- Conduct tours through the assigned work area, inspecting the operation of the machines and equipment, with the aim of determining whether there were parameters that out of specification and make reference to the technical production and plan of action.
- Inspect the operations of the boiler equipment. In the case of failures, determine the root cause and generate the action plan.
- Ensure compliance with established cleaning routines for the line of production, in order to maintain housekeeping and operation of the machines and/or equipment under clean and safe working environment.
- Comply with the job routine specifications within the operational management structure of GBPP, specifically focused on improving the performance and efficiency.
- Observe and enforce HSE guidelines established by the Organization, thus providing working conditions which accommodate optimal and safe production process.
- Assist in shutdown activities.
- Ensure proper handover of duties by meeting with the outgoing Operator to review the previous shift logged information and any other work detail regarding but not limited to quality, production, safety, manpower, problems and solutions and maintenance requirements.
- Regular attendance is essential to effective job performance
- Perform any other tasks assigned by the Boiler /ETP Supervisor or designate
- Adhere to GBPP Safety Rules.
This job description and work detail can be modified at any time by Tissues Limited to properly reflect the position requirements.
Required Qualification and Experience
- Five Ordinary level subjects including Maths and English
- Process Operator Diploma, EEET or MEEET.
- Two (2) years’ experience in a manufacturing or industrial environment
- Ability to function in a 12-hour shift work environment
- Accurate equipment parameter reports
- Maximized production
- Working practices in line with company’s HSE standards
- Reports on unsafe practices
- Records of machine downtime
- Work Safely