Find Jobs in Trinidad and Tobago - TrinidadJob.com
Job Title: IT Technician
Location: NORTH EAST -ST AUGUSTINE,TUNAPUNA,AROUCA,PIARCO
Town / City: Valsayn
Job Type: Permanent full-time
Salary: Not disclosed
Area: East-West /Central
Role: IT Technician
Resolve general daily user requests for assistance as well as infrastructure-based support from time to time. The selected candidate must possess excellent technical knowledge, the ability to learn new skills and be able to communicate to clients and employees in an effective manner.
KEY FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES
- Maintain records with current technical specs, software installations, operating systems, warranties and serial numbers.
- Serve as the first point of contact for customers seeking technical assistance over the phone or email or on premise
- Direct unresolved issues to the next level of support personnel
- Perform infrastructure/cabling support from time to time.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Minimum 5 CSEC subjects including English, Information Technology and Mathematics and at least one-year experience.
- Relevant industry certifications and experience an asset.
- Customer service and troubleshooting skills
- Good understanding of computer systems, mobile devices and other tech products
- Ability to communicate technical information, both verbal and written, to a wide range of end-users
SPECIAL CONDITIONS ASSOCIATED WITH THE JOB:
- Must Have a Good Working Vehicle
- Flexibility to work weekends and public holidays when required
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Must be able to do infracture/cabling.
- Proficiency in the use of computer software applications
- Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and without constant supervision
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to demonstrate tact, confidentiality and professionalism in the execution of duties