Find Jobs in Trinidad and Tobago - TrinidadJob.com
Company: FT Farfan Limited
Job Title: Service Technician
Location: NORTH CENTRAL -CUREPE,MT HOPE,SAN JUAN
Job Type: Permanent full-time
SERVICE TECHNICIAN – CUMMINS SERVICE
The incumbent is responsible for repairing and ensuring the efficient functioning of Cummins equipment.
This position reports directly to the CPG Service Team Leader.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs field installation, repairs and maintenance of equipment
- Services, repairs and diagnoses diesel engines and fuel systems according to manufacturer’s specifications.
- Services, troubleshoots and repairs generators and switchgears in residential, marine, commercial, industrial and offshore applications.
- Performs preventative maintenance checks on generators and switchgears based on client contract.
- Performs the commissioning, reconfiguration and programming of generators and switchgears.
- Conducts controller upgrades on generators within both the Commercial and Oil and Gas industries.
- Carries out computer diagnostics, calibrations and repairs on generators and engines.
- Prepares estimates and technical reports.
- Completes training schedule and ensures that the required certification is achieved within the specified timeframe.
- Assists in conducting research for repair parts and procedures concerning jobs.
- Maintains updated knowledge of product and industry trends and methods.
- Maintains accurate records related to billing, work orders and hours worked.
- Ensures the effective and timely completion of projects.
- Responds to Call-out duty 24 hours per day, 7 days per week.
- Maintains awareness of and continually practices safe work habits.
- Maintains cleanliness on projects both during and after job completion.
- Any other related responsibilities assigned by Management.
Academic Qualifications, Experience and Soft Skills
- A minimum of five (5) O’Level CXC passes inclusive of Mathematics and English Language.
- E.C certification or equivalent from a recognised Technical institution.
- Diploma in EEET or equivalent from a recognised Technical institution would be an asset.
- A minimum of three (3) years’ experience in the relevant field.
- A valid Driver’s Permit and a good driving record.
- Experience with Diagnostic Software would be considered an asset.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft suite of products.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Team Oriented.
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to multitask.
- A systematic approach to troubleshooting and reporting.
- The ability to work in a fast paced environment with minimum supervision.
All applications are to be submitted no later than September 24th, 2018:
Please specify “Service Technician – Cummins Service ” in the subject
Human Resource Department
F.T. Farfan Limited
3-5 Ibis Avenue