Find Jobs in Trinidad and Tobago - TrinidadJob.com
Company: Massy Wood Group Ltd.
Job Title: HSSE Officer
Sector: HEALTH & SAFETY,ENVIRONMENT,SOCIAL WORK
Town / City: Mayaro / Chaguanas / Port-of-Spain
Job Type: Permanent full-time
The successful candidate will be responsible for auditing, challenging, coaching, communicating, developing, executing, evaluating, coordinating, influencing, monitoring and training the various HSSE programs within the designated area, guaranteeing compliance with the HSSE policies, standards and established systems within Massy Wood.
- Develop and Implement Project Specific HSSE Plans to ensure attainment of established benchmark (90%) on assessment.
- Ensure adherence to HSSE Execution model with specific focus on Field Execution.
- Conduct pre-mobilization verification checks.
- Conduct verification checks that all relevant mitigations are in place.
- Conduct interventions and track leading indicators - STOP, SOC’s and Influencer etc.
- Generate balanced weekly HSSE dashboards for assigned specific projects.
- Generate HSSE violations when process/procedure is deviated from.
- Collect and maintain accurate recordkeeping files, electronic and hard copy. Upload all documentation into centralized repository.
- Meet or exceed the established Safety Management Audit (SMS) performance goals.
- Conduct Incident Investigations. Provide summary reports on verification progress, findings, and status on closeout of improvement actions.
- Conduct HSSE training courses with Massy Wood and Contractor employees and ensure participation in Leading Indicators.
- Communicate audit / inspection findings and/or risk interventions to client and immediate supervisors.
- Facilitate risk assessments.
- Immediate reporting of Out of Normal Events.
- Ensure compliance to Control of Work.
- Conduct walkabouts with front line supervisors and communicate findings.
- Raise MOCs when required.
- Capture and roll out lessons learnt.
- Attend any client / project HSSE meetings.
- Adhere to PDCA plans from evaluation of leading and lagging indicators.
- Assist in the evaluation of contractors regarding field execution performance and pass on information to SCM and the Contractor Coordinator.
- Ensure compliance to Corporate HSSE Management System and associated policies and procedures.
- Communicate at all levels of the organization on interpretation, development, implementation and continuous improvement of the company’s HSSE Program.
- Train and coach employees enabling them to implement and apply continuous improvement for effectiveness of the company’s HSSE Program.
- Meet or exceed the established Safety Management Audit performance goals.
- Meet or exceed all internal and external HSSE goals/objectives.
- Provide direction and support to supervisors and employees. Continue to improve project and subcontractor HSSE performance.
- Support and implement case management strategies.
- Provide necessary reports on a timely basis.
- Flexibility to relocate to site assignments at various locations as deemed necessary.
- Close the loop with applicable internal and external clients to provide accurate performance ratings for contractors that includes all applicable lifecycles of the projects. Develop and monitor contractor improvement action plans based on project performance to facilitate CI performance.
- Recommend reward, recognition and identify any risk interventions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Occupational Safety and Health or equivalent qualification
- National Examination Board of Safety and Health (NEBOSH) Certificate/Diploma from a recognised Certified Safety Professional Board.
- A minimum of five (5) years’ experience in a similar position.
- Exposure at an operational location associated with Oil/Gas exploration, production and or processing.
- Broad knowledge of HSSE regulations (TT laws, API, OSHA, NFPA, OHSAS 18001, ISO 14000, ISO 45001) as relates to contractor management.
- Knowledge of various operations in oil and gas.
- Maintains the highest level of confidentiality and trustworthiness.
- Ability to synthesise complex or diverse information.
- Ability to work effectively and prioritise in a high performance, fast-paced work environment.
- Includes team in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement; makes oneself available to staff; provides regular performance feedback.
- Inspires and motivates others to work well and accepts feedback.
- Seeks ways to improve and promote quality and demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Ability to make decisions in a timely manner and exhibits sound and accurate judgment.
- Actively promotes and personally observes safety and security procedures, and uses equipment and materials properly.
- Proficient in the use of Computer Applications including word processing and spreadsheet applications.