Find Jobs in Trinidad and Tobago - TrinidadJob.com
Company: Massy Wood Group Ltd.
Job Title: Cost Analyst
Sector: ENGINEERING,CONSTRUCTION,PROJECT MANAGEMENT,ENERGY, QS
Location: CENTRAL -CHAGUANAS,CARONI, FREEPORT
Town / City: Chaguanas & Port of Spain
Job Type: Permanent full-time
Chaguanas / Port-of-Spain
The Cost Analyst is responsible for ensuring the provision of a high standard of Cost Control Support Services including those of Project Estimating (where required), Budget Control, Cost Control and Integrated Cost-Schedule Performance Analysis & Reporting.
- Full working knowledge of client contracts with Massy Wood, must be able to speak to Commercial contract clauses and risk where necessary.
- Full working knowledge of Project Controls and interfaces with Planning and Estimating.
- Work with all relevant project and discipline personnel to ensure that cost control procedures are adhered to.
- Prepare Cost Time Resources (CTR’s) for approval by client.
- Prepare change requests for approval by client where necessary.
- Reviewing cost commitment and expenditure information (for all cost elements), for input to the computerised cost control and reporting system (Mpower) on a weekly basis and ensuring that all information received is accurate and correctly input.
- Prepare monthly/weekly cost reports and advise key stakeholders of any forecast cost overruns as soon as possible to allow corrective actions to be taken in a timely manner, highlighting areas of concern and suggesting areas of improvement. Each cost report should clearly demonstrate the progress of Cost Performance Index (CPI) per project.
- Measurement of Earned Value (EV) for each project.
- Inform key stakeholders of commercial risk in each project being managed.
- Preparation of other corporate/contract/project reports/presentations for internal customers (e.g. management) and external customers (clients).
- Measure Value of work done (VOWD’s) for each project through the use of business systems.
- Adherence to Massy Wood Project Control Procedures.
- Maintaining comprehensive accessible registers of financial approvals, variations and change orders.
- Review project man-hours and the allocation of man-hours in conjunction with Planners on a weekly basis.
- Liaise with the Finance Department with regards to establishing monthly evaluation of work done, goods received and services rendered for invoice preparation and verification.
- Ensure that all cost related work is in compliance with the contract.
- Maintain charge-out rates within computerised cost system (Mpower), ensuring they are up to date and all rate uplifts are implemented.
- Maintain a full understanding of Massy Wood business systems.
- Ensure that adequate control of commitment is in place.
- Assist Estimator in preparation of estimates where necessary.
- Liaise with other disciplines in the control and forecasting of budgets and ensuring that all scopes including change requests are included.
- Participate in schedule/cost risk analysis as required.
- Ensure that the corporate and contract-specific change control procedures are being adhered to.
- Ensure all contracts are set up in Mpower to accurately capture and report cost across contracts and projects.
- Ensure proper change management process is carried out across all projects and in adherence to Massy Wood procedures
- Ensure all phases per projects are accurately captured and reported through the system.
- Coordination of the time writing process within the computerised cost system.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- PMP certification will be considered an asset.
- At least five (5) years’ related experience.
- Experience in the oil & gas industry.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office software including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Good working knowledge of cost management software e.g. Mpower or equivalent.
- Good understanding of the basic principles of Project Management, Cost Management, Planning, Estimating and Change Control.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work unsupervised and multitask.
- Ability to understand complex systems.
- Ability to work in a team environment and input to the resolution of problems.
An acceptable combination of academic qualifications and related work experience may be considered in lieu of minimum requirements.