Find Jobs in Trinidad and Tobago - TrinidadJob.com
Job Title: Assistant Pastry Chef
Location: NORTH -PORT OF SPAIN,WOODBROOK,ST. JAMES, MORVANT
Job Type: Permanent full-time
Jaffa at the Oval
Has a vacancy for a
Assistant Pastry Chef
Duties and Responsibilities
- To assist in the production of all pastry and Bakery items as required by the operation.
- To prepare the various daily buffets attractively decorated and to provide variation on a daily basis, with on time setup.
- To keep work area and all fridges clean.
- To ensure stock is properly rotated.
- Sets excellent customer service and work examples.
- Performs additional responsibilities, although not detailed, as requested by the Chef at any time.
- Culinary degree or the equivalent would be an asset
- Experience with Banquet Operations and Offsite Catering Operations
- Commitment to quality service, and food and beverage knowledge.
- A minimum of 2 years experience.
- Basic math skills.
- Knowledge of basic training techniques.
- Awareness of health and sanitation laws.
- Understanding of proper use and maintenance of major kitchen equipment, including stoves, refrigeration, slicer, knives, and dish machine.
- Highly Motivated
- A Self Starter
- Sound knowledge of all types of Pastry and Baking Methods.
- Professional communication skills, oral and written.