Find Jobs in Trinidad and Tobago - TrinidadJob.com
Company: Cinnabon & Auntie Anne's Ltd
Job Title: Training and Development Officer (Bakery Industry)
Location: NORTH EAST -ST AUGUSTINE,TUNAPUNA,AROUCA,PIARCO
Job Type: Permanent full-time
POSITION TITLE: Training and Development Officer (Bakery Industry)
DEPARTMENT: Head Office
POSITION REPORTS TO: Managing Director
POSITION PURPOSE AND SCOPE
The Training and Development Officer is responsible for managing the professional development, knowledge and practical skills of employees to enable them to fulfil their potential while maintaining and demonstrating the Core Values and Mission to customers, employees and the community.
- ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
- Identifying training and development needs within the organization through job analysis, appraisal schemes and regular consultation with Managing Director;
- Designing and developing training strategy;
- Developing training and development programmes based on the needs of the organization in both Administrative and Operations functions;
- Developing effective Induction Programmes;
- Devising individual learning plans and conducting continuous training appraisals;
- Managing the delivery of training and development programmes;
- Ensuring that all staff members are adequately trained and apprised for Company limited time offers;
- Monitoring and reviewing the progress of trainees through questionnaires and discussions with Area Manager ensuring that 90% pass rate is achieved;
- Evaluating training and development programmes;
- Amending and revising programmes as necessary, in order to adapt to changes occurring in the work environment;
- Helping Bakery managers solve specific training problems, either on a one-to-one basis or in groups;
- Keeping up to date with developments in training methods and/or new products;
- Having an understanding of e-learning techniques, and where relevant, being involved in the creation and/or delivery of e-learning packages;
- Submission of monthly training and status reports;
- Submission of bi-monthly target strategy and location roster;
- Researching new technologies and methodologies in workplace learning and presenting this research;
- Any additional duties advised by Managing Director.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Managing and motivating people - Includes staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement; Takes responsibility for subordinates' activities; Makes self available to staff; Provides regular performance feedback; Develops subordinates' skills and encourages growth; Solicits and applies customer feedback (internal and external); Fosters quality focus in others; Improves processes, products and services; Continually works to improve supervisory skills.
- Delegation - Delegates work assignments; Matches the responsibility to the person; Gives authority to work independently; Sets expectations and monitors delegated activities; Provides recognition for results.
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
- Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Quality Management - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
III. SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
Oversee employees, whilst carrying out training and development responsibilities at varying locations in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- At least eight (8) years experience in a similar position in food service and/or retail environment;
- At least five (5) years supervisory experience;
- Bakery experience would be an asset;
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management; Hospitality; Marketing or Customer Service would be an asset.
- SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Working knowledge and understanding of financial statements, reports and accounting processes;
- Demonstrated ability to positively effect sales and profitability;
- Superior decision-making, problem-solving and analytical skills;
- Superior conflict-management abilities;
- Excellent time management skills;
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative management style;
- Excellent computer skills and proficient in excel, word, outlook, and access;