Find Jobs in Trinidad and Tobago - TrinidadJob.com
Company: FT Farfan Limited
Job Title: Service Technician
Location: NORTH CENTRAL -CUREPE,MT HOPE,SAN JUAN
Job Type: Permanent full-time
The incumbent is responsible for conducting timely and accurate repairs to ensure the efficient functioning of all equipment in keeping with the department’s policies and standard operating procedures. This position reports directly to the Cummins Service Team Leader.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs field installation, repairs and maintenance.
- Services, repairs and diagnoses diesel engines and fuel systems according to the manufacturer’s specifications.
- Performs all preventative maintenance on equipment inclusive of scheduled maintenance, servicing breakdown attendance and commissioning of engines in a range of commercial and privately owned units.
- Troubleshoots systems, generators and equipment.
- Evaluates and repairs faulty systems including but not limited to mechanical and electrical systems
- Identifies warrantable repairs and processes necessary documentation.
- Performs Road Tests on vehicles when necessary to diagnose malfunctions.
- Performs both minor and major inspections on parts and components including brake systems, steering mechanisms etc.
- Inspects and verifies dimensions and clearance of parts to ensure conformance to factory specifications.
- Executes OEM troubleshooting procedures for all major components on trucks.
- Assists in preparing estimates and technical reports.
- Works offsite on scheduled and emergency callouts.
- Completes work orders in a timely manner.
- Conducts research for the repairs of jobs.
- Provides preliminary information required for the preparation of quotations.
- Conducts service calls to various harbour locations.
- Completes dealership-sponsored training within the specified timeframe
- Maintains updated knowledge of product and industry trends and methods.
- Maintains accurate records related to billing, work orders and hours worked.
- Ensures the effective and timely completion of projects.
- Responds to Call-out duty 24 hours per day, 7 days per week.
- Maintains awareness of and continually practices safe work habits.
- Maintains cleanliness on projects both during and after job completion.
- Any other related responsibilities assigned by Management.
Academic Qualifications, Experience and Soft Skills
- A minimum of five (5) O’Level CXC passes inclusive of Mathematics and English Language.
- E.C certification or the equivalent from a recognized Technical institution.
- A minimum of three (3) years’ experience in the relevant field.
- A valid Driver’s Permit and a good driving record.
- Experience with Diagnostic Software would be considered an asset.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft suite of products.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Team Oriented.
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to multitask.
- The ability to work in a fast paced environment with minimum supervision.
- A systematic approach to troubleshooting and reporting.
All applications are to be submitted no later than October 2nd, 2018:
Please specify “Service Technician” in the subject
Human Resource Department
F.T. Farfan Limited
3-5 Ibis Avenue