Find Jobs in Trinidad and Tobago - TrinidadJob.com
Company: Tissues Limited
Job Title: Maintenance Technician B
Location: EAST -ARIMA/SANGRE GRANDE
Job Type: Permanent full-time
JOB DESCRIPTION – MECHANICAL TECHNICIAN – B
Reports to: Mechanical Superintendent
Last Review Date: 07/08/2014
Department: Reliability & Projects
Location : Arima
Dept. Head : Senior Manager Reliability & Projects
Prepared by: HR /Maintenance
- To provide support to the maintenance team on equipment improvements and the daily maintenance efforts throughout the mill.
- To support the operations of the plant and perform maintenance duties to effectively meet departmental KPI’s w.r.t. safety, reliability, uptime, efficiency and cost.
- Reports to the Maintenance Superintendent or designate
- Provide support to Lead Technicians as required
- Work in a team environment with maintenance, operations, and engineering personnel.
- Perform inspections and preventative and corrective work within specified timeframes to precision maintenance standards
- Remove/replace/repair mechanical components using precision maintenance techniques.
- Rebuild machinery assemblies/components to manufacturers standards/specifications and/or to precision maintenance standards
- Perform alignment of equipment to precision standards.
- Troubleshoot and take corrective action for “Break-In” jobs
- Assist in the analysis of problems and develop solutions to reduce occurrences of unplanned equipment shutdowns
- Assist in planning of jobs
- Perform general plumbing repairs and installations
- Maintain housekeeping to mill standards
- Operate blade grinding machinery
- Complete documentation as required by the department
- Adhere to and maintain the company’s Health and Safety policy and standards
- Regular attendance is an essential function of the job.
- Any other duties as assigned by Maintenance Superintendent or designate.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND WORK EXPERIENCE
- MET certificate or equivalent
- Five (5) years’ experience in industrial maintenance
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Must be able to read & understand drawing and handle measuring instruments with minimum supervision.
- Must be able to perform laser alignment on pumps and shafts with minimum supervision.
- Must be able to install bearing on various equipment utilizing precision maintenance techniques with minimum supervision.
- Good discipline and cooperation with others in a team base environment.
- Must be able to select suitable tools for tasks assigned.
- Possess strong communication and interpersonal skill with attention to detail.
- Good work ethic and flexibility to work overtime and shift.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment and meet deadlines.
- Must be able to contribute to continuous improvement techniques to improve output, quality and cost.