Find Jobs in Trinidad and Tobago - TrinidadJob.com
Company: FURNESS Trinidad Group of Companies
Job Title: Insurance Claims Supervisor
Sector: ACCOUNTING,AUDIT,FINANCE,ECONOMICS,PURCHASING,INSURANCE ADMIN,
Location: NORTH -PORT OF SPAIN,WOODBROOK,ST. JAMES, MORVANT
Job Type: Permanent full-time
Furness Trinidad Group of Companies
is now seeking to hire a hard working individual for the position of:
INSURANCE CLAIMS SUPERVISOR
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The Insurance Claims Supervisor manages Insurance Claims Representatives and ensures accurate reporting of claims for personal, casualty, or property loss or damages; reviews claims reps’ analyses of the extent of the insurance company’s liability; tries to negotiate out-of-court settlements with the client, where possible
- Ensures that all mail received are logged to the respective Technicians and follow up is done to ensure files are opened, reserves set on the system and to direct via notes the course of action to be taken by the Technician.
- Reviews insurance forms for accuracy and completeness. Calls or writes to the insured party or others involved to secure missing information.
- Ensures that claim files are updated with notes as to the current status e.g. Adjustors findings, payments etc.
- Reviews the claim file and the insurance policy to determine coverage. Transmits routine claims for payment; informs Operations Director of those claims needing further investigation
- Quickly and effectively investigates claims, negotiates equitable settlements, and authorizes prompt payments to policyholders.
- Respond to emails to Brokers, Adjustors keeping them informed of claims status.
- Investigates claims as necessary, through use of physical evidence, securing testimony from relevant parties, and examining reports.
- Promptly negotiates settlements, making sure that the settlement reflects the actual claimant losses while also being certain that the insurer is protected from invalid claims.
- Attends court hearings if litigation becomes necessary and work with the In House Attorney as required
- Understanding of fraudulent and illegal practices.
- Represent the Company at ATTIC Meetings
- Any other duties regarding the claim function can be allocated from time to time
Reports directly to the Operations Director
The preferred candidate should be pursuing ACII qualifications or the holder of a Diploma in Insurance together with experience in insurance and risk management.
Good oral and written communication skills are required. Experience with MS-Office (especially Word and Excel) and knowledge of Insure Software, together with significant claims experience particularly to manage people directly and fairly.
Comprehension of claims processes and policy contacts are required. The job may require the candidate to travel to sites of catastrophes on occasions to support unusually large volumes of claims.
Some automobile travel may be required (about 10%). Ability to communicate orally with agents, management, and other co-workers, both individually and in front of a group is crucial. Regular use of the telephone and e-mail for communication is essential.
Good reasoning, organizational, and analytical abilities are required to solve a wide range of business problems. Must be able to understand and utilize financial reports and legal documents to conduct business.
The job is typically performed indoors in a traditional office setting, though offsite work and travel may be required. Activities include extended periods of sitting and extensive work at computers and other productivity devices.