Find Jobs in Trinidad and Tobago - TrinidadJob.com
Job Ref.: Job
Job Title: ULTRASONOGRAPHER I
Sector: MEDICAL/NURSING/PHARMCEUTICAL/ HEALTH CARE
Location: NORTH CENTRAL -CUREPE,MT HOPE,SAN JUAN
Job Type: Temporary / Contract
Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons to fill the following position at the North-Central Regional Health Authority (NCRHA):
Responsible for performing a variety of general and specialised ultrasound imaging on clients to enable medical staff to achieve accurate diagnoses in order to ensure a high quality of health care.
- Performs a variety of ultrasound procedures and examinations on clients.
- Processes accurate results from the various imaging procedures.
- Ensures that the imaging room is efficiently and effectively prepared during each client examination.
- Assists in registering and arranging appointments for inpatients and emergency patients.
- Ensures that the clients are properly prepared and fully aware of the processes involved in the examinations.
- Assists Radiologists in special procedures such as setting up and maintaining sterile trays for biopsies and injections, as and when required.
- Uses judgment in determining the need to extend the scope of a procedure in accordance with the diagnostic findings.
- Prepares technical reports for presentation to the organisational relationship.
- Resolves queries from various departments, wards and clients.
- Provides a complete technical report on the ultrasound procedure performed
- Performs other related duties as directed by the organisational relationship.
Minimum Training and Experience:
- First Degree, Diploma or Certificate in Ultrasonography.
- Associate Membership or Registration with the American Registry Diagnostic Medical Sonographers would be an asset.
- Radiographers who hold certification in ultrasound must have current registration with the Radiographers’ Board of Trinidad & Tobago.
* Certificates acquired at foreign universities MUST be supported by certified transcripts as well as evidence that the completed programme is accredited in Trinidad and Tobago
Applications must be submitted along with Curriculum Vitae and copies of certificates by
October 10, 2018 to:
Office of the General Manager, Human Resources
North-Central Regional Health Authority
Building # 39, Third Floor
Eric Williams Medical Sciences Complex
Unsuitable/late applications will not be acknowledged.
This vacancy is closed.