Find Jobs in Trinidad and Tobago - TrinidadJob.com
Job Ref.: Job
Job Title: ULTRASONOGRAPHER II
Sector: MEDICAL/NURSING/PHARMCEUTICAL/ HEALTH CARE
Location: NORTH CENTRAL -CUREPE,MT HOPE,SAN JUAN
Job Type: Temporary / Contract
Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons to fill the following position at the North-Central Regional Health Authority (NCRHA):
Responsible for a wide range of ultrasound procedures including but not limited to: abdominal, pelvic obstetrical and gynecological, vascular examinations, cranial, msk, small parts, breast, fetal on adult, paediatric & neonatal patients.
- Performs multi-speciality ultrasound examinations under the direction of the Radiologists, etc.
- Maintains accurate patient records, both electronically and manually, with regard to appointments, statistics and reporting.
- Liaise with Radiologists with respect to special examinations and for the supervision of specialised techniques.
- Assists with the implementation and maintenance of the Radiographic Quality Assurance programme across the range of ultrasound.
- Prepares departmental reports for the organisational relationship as and when required.
- Assists the Chief Radiographer with reporting and investigating complaints, incidents, accidents or grievances in accordance with the Authority’s policies and procedures.
- Maintains a high standard of ultrasound imaging through quality and protocol standards.
- Observes procedures designed to promote health and safety within the department.
- Assists in the formulation of improved patient care pathways and imaging protocols.
- Operates ultrasound equipment safely and take an active role in their daily maintenance and quality assurance checks.
- Ensures that equipment malfunctions and/or changes to image quality are reported promptly to the organisational relationship.
- Coaches lower level staff in promoting a highly specialised clinical service.
- Provides a complete technical report on the ultrasounds procedure performed
- Performs other related duties as directed by the organisational relationship.
Minimum Training and Experience:
- First Degree, Diploma or Certificate in Ultrasonography.
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in Ultrasonography.
- Radiographers who hold certification in ultrasound must have current registration with the Radiographers’ Board of Trinidad & Tobago.
* Certificates acquired at foreign universities MUST be supported by certified transcripts as well as evidence that the completed programme is accredited in Trinidad and Tobago
Applications must be submitted along with Curriculum Vitae and copies of certificates by
October 10, 2018 to:
Office of the General Manager, Human Resources
North-Central Regional Health Authority
Building # 39, Third Floor
Eric Williams Medical Sciences Complex
Unsuitable/late applications will not be acknowledged.
This vacancy is closed.