Find Jobs in Trinidad and Tobago - TrinidadJob.com
Company: Employer Confidential 16
Job Title: General Manager
Sector: ACCOUNTING,AUDIT,FINANCE,ECONOMICS,PURCHASING,INSURANCE ADMIN,
Location: NORTH CENTRAL -CUREPE,MT HOPE,SAN JUAN
Job Type: Permanent full-time
The general manager directs and coordinates activities across departments within the business organization and aids administration in formulating and administering organization policies by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate managers.
There are six main areas that will fall under the purview of the General Manager:
- Developing the work environment
- Crafting Strategic Vision
- Marshalling Resources
- Developing Star Performers
- Creating Sustainable Organizational Structure
- Implementation and Reporting
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops strategic plans by studying technological and financial opportunities and making presentation to the Board of Directors.
- Accomplishes plans by establishing plans, budgets and results measurements.
- Coordinates efforts by establishing effective and efficient purchasing, sales, marketing and service policies and practices; coordinating actions with staff.
- Increases managements effectiveness by communicating values, strategies and objectives; assigning accountabilities; planning, monitoring and appraising job results; developing incentives; supporting a climate for offering information and opinions.
- Builds the company image by collaborating with customers, government, community organizations and employees; enforcing ethical business practices.
- Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organizational standards.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending seminars and stakeholders meetings in the air conditioning and refrigeration fields; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies .
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Participates in formulating and administering company policies, directing and coordinating all department activities to develop and implement long-range goals and objectives to meet business and profitability growth objectives.
- Conduct management meetings to analyse, plan and strategize to achieve goals sent by the Board of Directors with the relevant management team person/s and provide the Board of Directors with updates as required.
- Give oversight to purchase orders and inventory management by developing stronger relationships with our foreign suppliers and new technologies in the industry and the storing and accountability for company inventory.
- Work closely with the Sales Manager and marketing to create effective sales strategies that will increase the company’s revenue and brand awareness and setting KPI’s and targets.
- Work closely with administration to co-ordinate company policies and procedures as it relates to all company departments.
- Intervene on matters that directly affects customer service as to maintain customer satisfaction once all other avenues has been tried.
- Ensures that all employees are trained, motivated and empowered to deliver total customer care and satisfaction.
- Co-ordinates and leads with all managers; employee performance evaluations as outlined by company policy and holding employees accountable for KPI’s.
- Maximises financial performance and profit.
- Identifies markets, new and current, local and regional that maximizes sales.
- Executes business plan and achieves results by planning, communicating, delegating and follow up.
- Utilizes modern management techniques to increase the company’s market share
- Ensures that all labour and industrial laws are adhered to and monitored.
- Models a positive character and work ethic that is consistent with the role and capacity of GM.
- Upholds employee safety standards in accordance with the OSHA Act, to ensure the health and safety of customers and employees.
The General Manager must:
Interact with a diverse set of Stakeholders, emphasize team rather than individual performance. Cope with fast pace changes in Technology and Environmental Laws. Adjust to workplace changes, improve quality while increasing productivity, ethics and social behaviour throughout the organization.
General Manager traits:
Energetic, confident, honest, intelligent, outgoing, and goal driven.
- MBA in Business Administration, Finance or Marketing
- At least 5 years in Senior Executive position
- Knowledge in Air Conditioning/ Refrigeration industry considered an asset
Feedback/response email – email@example.com