Find Jobs in Trinidad and Tobago - TrinidadJob.com
Company: Interchem Limited
Job Title: Accounts Clerk
Sector: ACCOUNTING,AUDIT,FINANCE,ECONOMICS,PURCHASING,INSURANCE ADMIN,
Location: NORTH CENTRAL -CUREPE,MT HOPE,SAN JUAN
Town / City: Barataria
Job Type: Permanent full-time
Job Description- Accounts Clerk
Scope of Duties
In the role of Accounts Clerk, the officer shall be responsible to provide an effective overall support to the area under responsibility in line with the aims and objectives of the Finance and HR Department.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- Daily deposits into QuickBooks.
- Credit card reconciliations.
- To assist with bank reconciliations.
- Writing of cheque payments and vouchers.
- Assisting with AR when requested.
- Data entry of requisitions- (follow up and closing off).
- Filing of cheque vouchers and bills.(AP)
- Maintenance of Micropay employee’s personal data files.
- Coordinating and verification of leave types for staff and updating in Micropay.
- Ensuring that all leave is approved in advance and there is no overlap of staff vacation in any one department.
- Verification of all overtime sheets using GPS and time sheets submitted with OT forms.
- Preparation of loan applications and ensuring that the form has been approved by management prior to issuing of loan.
- Following up on all Loan repayments of staff.
- Support the management of disciplinary and grievance issues as outlined in our policy.
- Proper documentation of all HR / IR related issues.
- Assisting with answering of phones.
- Assist with year-end audit.
- Assist in end of year stock counts.( Finance team)
- Any other duties or reports which may be requested by Management.
Education and Experience
- Level 1- 2 ACCA.
- Experience working with Micropay version 3.0.
- Working knowledge of accounting principles and practices
- Working knowledge of reconciliation of accounts.
- Knowledge of local labour /IR laws.
- Inventory management will be an asset.
- Proficiency in accounting software-QuickBooks.
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Planning and organizing
- Scheduling and monitoring
- Communication skills
- Problem analysis and problem-solving skills
- Team work