Find Jobs in Trinidad and Tobago - TrinidadJob.com
Company: Massy Wood Group Ltd.
Job Title: Senior Mechanical Engineer
Sector: ENGINEERING,CONSTRUCTION,PROJECT MANAGEMENT,ENERGY, QS
Location: NORTH -PORT OF SPAIN,WOODBROOK,ST. JAMES, MORVANT
Job Type: Permanent full-time
Senior Mechanical Engineer
- Using a safe approach in design and working practices.
- Encouraging attention to Health, Safety, Security and Environment in other personnel.
- Self-checking of own work.
- Following procedures for document control and discipline design.
- Checking of discipline deliverables, discipline content of IDC prints and vendor documents.
- Reviewing work processes of discipline personnel ensuring Massy Wood Group Management Systems and Procedures are followed.
- Originating discipline deliverables related to the following:
- Design of tanks as per API 650; API 620; API 12D; TANK API 12F; UL 142; and AWWA design, manufacture, and procurement of welded carbon steel tanks for the storage of water
- Tank inspection, repair, alteration and reconstruction as per API 653
- Assisting the Discipline Lead Engineer and/or Discipline Function Lead as directed.
- Producing solutions that are safe, cost effective, fit for purpose and add value to both Massy Wood Group and the client(s).
- Ensuring operational and maintenance issues are addressed in the design.
- Providing discipline input to procurement and construction activities.
- Conducting surveys, both onshore and offshore, to determine information to allow executive of scopes of work.
- Attending technical meetings if delegated by the Discipline Lead Engineer and/or Discipline Function Lead
- Attending Design Reviews, HAZOPs and Constructability Assessments.
- Communicating with Discipline Engineers and Designers to ensure design integrity and consistency.
- Liaising with the Discipline Function Lead to identify and implement improvements in discipline working practices.
- Capturing and communicating lessons learnt to the Discipline Lead Engineer and/or Discipline Function Lead.
- Coaching / guiding of discipline personnel on a majority of discipline applications.
- Keeping a log of competencies gained through further education, external training and internal / on the job training.
- Identifying area where skills are lacking and suggest methods of improving.
- Membership of a professional body and fulfilment of the requirements to obtain either professional or registered engineering status.
- Delivering assigned tasks within man-hour budget.
- Delivering assigned tasks to schedule.
- Identifying increase or reduction in scope of work within own area of responsibility and advising the Discipline Lead Engineer accordingly.
- Identifying areas of concern during the course of any project to the Discipline Lead Engineer while proposing necessary corrective action.
- Identifying discipline scopes of work if delegated by the Discipline Lead Engineer
- Preparing of discipline CTR estimates if delegated by the Discipline Lead Engineer
- Providing input to project execution plans and schedules if delegated by the Discipline Lead Engineer.
- Preparing timesheets accurately and in a timely manner.
- Developing working relationship with client and supplier / vendor personnel.
- Communicating with Operations and Maintenance personnel to determine any opportunities where Massy Wood Group could provide solutions to existing problems or for improving the existing practice.
- Perform all other job functions as required.
- First Degree in Engineering (BSc, BEng) from an accredited university.
- Minimum of 8 years' experience in a related field including 3 years minimum experience in brown field engineering.
- Experience and knowledge API 510, API 570, API 571, API 580 and B 31 G.
- Working Knowledge of Piping design as per ASME B31.1 and ASME B31.3
- Working Knowledge of Tank design as per API 650; API 620; API 12D; TANK API 12F; UL 142; and AWWA design, manufacture, and procurement of welded carbon steel tanks for the storage of water
- Proficient in Principles of ALARP
- Working knowledge of conducting Offshore surveys
- Working knowledge of FINGLOW, PIPENET
- Proficient in calculation of pump duties, sizing & selection
- Proficient in preparation of specifications & datasheets for pumps
- Proficient in preparation of specifications & datasheets for compression equipment
- Proficient in specification and design of packaged equipment
- Proficient in preparation of specifications & datasheets for pressure vessels
- Proficient in specification and design of hazardous area equipment
- Working Knowledge of Tank inspection, repair, alteration and reconstruction as per API 653
- Working Knowledge of AMETank, ETank or similar software will be an asset
- Experience and Knowledge of discipline software and tools.
- Experience and Knowledge of a majority of discipline applications and subject matters.
- Experience and knowledge in supervising personnel.
- Basic knowledge in managing jobs / projects.
- Membership in a professional body.
- Fulfilment of the requirements to obtain either professional or registered engineering status
Please also note that the successful candidate may be required to attend duties at the Client’s facilities as needed.