Find Jobs in Trinidad and Tobago - TrinidadJob.com
Job Ref.: Job
Job Title: REGIONAL MANAGER, MEDICAL RECORDS
Sector: MEDICAL/NURSING/PHARMCEUTICAL/ HEALTH CARE
Location: NORTH CENTRAL -CUREPE,MT HOPE,SAN JUAN
Job Type: Temporary / Contract
Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons to fill the position at the North-Central Regional Health Authority (NCRHA).
REGIONAL MANAGER, MEDICAL RECORDS
The incumbent will be responsible for organising, coordinating and directing health information management services across the multi-facility healthcare system in such a way as to provide the necessary information for healthcare providers and administrators to deliver optimum patient-care services.
- Directs establishes and plans the overall policies and goals for Medical Records in support of the North-Central Regional Health Authorities’ strategic objectives and planning.
- Ensures that all Medical Records Management practices comply with Ministry of Health Policy and existing legislation.
- Provides education and training to medical records staff and other healthcare employees in areas relevant to health information management policies and procedures.
- Partners with the Information Systems/Information Technology Department to incorporate new technologies to manage health/patient care information.
- Collaborates with clinicians and other patient care providers, on documented records regarding the format and structure of forms utilised in recording.
- Monitors changes in legislation and accreditation standards affecting health information management and make associated recommendation for adaptation.
- Develops, maintain and update as necessary an established manual to guide health records operations throughout the Authority.
- Represents the Authority at committee meetings at the level of the Ministry of Health on issues relating to health records services as a vital component of the Health Information System.
- Coordinates the activities of the Regional Health Records Committee.
- Continuously reviews processes and identifies areas of improvement taking into account user needs.
- Performs other related duties as directed by the appropriate organisational relationship.
Minimum Qualifications, Requirements and Experience:
- Masters in Health Information Management or an equivalent discipline.
- Postgraduate certification in Medical Records or any related discipline will an asset.
- Minimum of ten (10) years experience in management of health information/healthcare services; five (5) of which gained in a management role.
- Any equivalent qualifications, training and experience may be considered.
*Certificates acquired at foreign universities MUST be supported by certified transcripts as well as evidence that the completed programme is accredited in Trinidad and Tobago.
Applications must be submitted along with Curriculum Vitae by October 12, 2018 to:
Office of the General Manager, Human Resources
North-Central Regional Health Authority
Building # 39, Third Floor
Eric Williams Medical Sciences Complex
Unsuitable/late applications will not be acknowledged.