Find Jobs in Trinidad and Tobago - TrinidadJob.com
Company: Caribbean Packaging Industries Ltd
Job Ref.: Job
Job Title: Mechanic A
Location: NORTH CENTRAL -CUREPE,MT HOPE,SAN JUAN
Job Type: Permanent full-time
Position : MAINTENANCE MECHANIC A
Reports to : Plant Engineer or his delegated representative
Main Responsibilities & Duties
Responsibilities : To perform mechanical maintenance and repairs to all
mechanical plant and equipment to ensure that they operate at maximum efficiency with minimum downtime.
Duties : a. To be capable of giving clear and concise instructions and guidance where necessary to the Maintenance Mechanic Class 11.
- To carry out Preventative Maintenance as assigned
by Supervisor. Reports defects.
- To respond promptly to breakdowns and maintenance requests from Production Department.
- To accurately fill out work order forms and log sheets.
- To carry out repairs to equipment as directed by the Supervisor.
- To continually monitor performance of machines and report or deal promptly with potentially dangerous conditions.
- To carry out all work in accordance with the Company’s Safety Rules and Regulations and acceptable safe working practices.
- To keep all tools assigned to him by the company in good condition and is accountable to the company for such tools.
CPI: Position Description – Maintenance Mechanic A
- To ensure that workshop and other work areas are kept clean and tidy.
- To perform any relevant duties as may be assigned by Management.
Experience : At least three (3) years’ relevant experience in a Manufacturing environment.
Qualifications : - Must have completed Secondary School, with
passes in English and Math.
- Completion of an accredited Mechanical Maintenance Craft course.
Skills : - Must be able to read blueprints/schematics.
- Must be able to use precision measuring instruments (venier calipers, micrometers, etc.)
- Competence in machining and/or welding.
- Competent in trouble-shooting and repairs to pneumatic and hydraulic systems.