Find Jobs in Trinidad and Tobago - TrinidadJob.com
Company: Smith Robertson & Company Limited
Job Title: Customs Clerk Grade 2
Location: NORTH CENTRAL -CUREPE,MT HOPE,SAN JUAN
Job Type: Permanent full-time
The Customs Clerk is responsible for performing all functions required to ensure that all Company shipments are cleared in an efficient and productive manner.
- Clears shipments from ports of entry in a timely manner.
- Generates all required documentation for the clearance of shipments in accordance with Customs regulations to ensure that this takes place expediently. This may include, but is not limited to:
- Preparing customs entries on internal Customs programs.
- Preparing and sending Customs entries on the relevant software.
- Lodging entries at the Customs Long Room.
- Ensures that all cheques related to the clearing of shipments are received, and that all duties and rent are paid after entries have been approved by Customs.
- Liaises with Trinidad Customs to resolve all Customs queries.
- A minimum of five GCE/CXC O’ Levels passes; two (2) of which must include English and Mathematics.
- Must have Grade II Customs Clerk Licence.
- One (1) to two (2) years’ experience in Customs clearance.
- Knowledge of Customs regulations and laws.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Good numeracy skills.
- Must be able to work to deadlines.
- Detail oriented.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Tools.
Personal protective Equipment
- Must wear personal protective equipment, as specified for the job, at all times.